Altekz

My Future Lancer ES 2017 needs ALOT of advices ! :)

11 posts in this topic

Hey guys ! I'm new there and I wan't to buy myself a 2017 Lancer Es in the near future. I have a tons of questions that need to be answered and if you are able to answer at least one question it would be really cool, it would help me alot ! Thanks ! :)

Exteriors Parts :

Bodykit :

•  I had a question about the fitments first, does a OEM Evo Spoiler,Hood and Fron/Back Bumper will fit my 2017 Lancer ES ? I'm not sure about that, but I think only the Hood/Spoiler will fit right ?
  • What's the best compagny to buy from ? I heard about Duraflex for the Evo kit, but I heard that it's very bad quality, is it true ? Can you recommand me one good compagny that the Evo bodykit will be very nice to see and not bad quality. (I wan't to buy a Front/Back Bumper, Spoiler, Fender, Hood and maybe skirt.)

(Heard about Accolade fews days ago, is it legit/good and fiable ? The site looks a bit weird)

Headlight/Tailight :

Roof/Painting :

• What should I take ? My Lancer will be white and I wan't a black roof, Should I paint it, Plastidip or Vinyl wrap it ? If you have experience with this you can reccommand me a brand ^^
  • I will certainly paint the engine cover etc in white, do you have recommandation for the paint or anything will do the job ?

Interiors Parts :

General :

• Like above, I will do some paint job or vinyl in my car for the trims in white, Heard about Vivid for the vinyl, is it a good brand ?
  • Good brand or site to buy Shift Knobs ?

Audio ! :

• To finish this part, I will need a Amplifier, I thought about two of Pioneer One, :

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/Amplifiers/GM+Digital+Series/GM-D9605

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/Amplifiers/GM+Digital+Series/GM-D9601

What's the difference between them for the price and what will be better for my ''setup'' and will it ''fit'' Will it have enough power for all of this ?

• Final, what kinds of wire will I need to power all of this ? Don't know much about wiring, and will I need a new battery or something else to do it work ?

Other things :

• I maybe wan't to change my Exhaust, I don't know many site, or any brands of exhaust. I wan't a cool looking and that have a nice sound (Without beeing ricer),  could someone help me out with this situation  ? Or have any reccomandations.
  • I wan't to have ''gold'' looking mag, I don't know where to find this, I search anywhere, but here where I live there are not many car shop. So maybe in USA, there more. I'm looking for mag, like these one : https://gyazo.com/cb845c4cca5f196a09822b20e4fab6a9

So yeah ! That's all for now, I really need recommandations, I don't wan't to buy cheap looking stuff whitout beeing over priced too. I'm sure this will be a very nice Project, with all of theses advices, this will look amazing. Thanks ! :D

Will posts pictures of my car when I will buy it and each time or so I will do add something on it. ^^

22 hours ago, Altekz said:

Hey guys ! I'm new there and I wan't to buy myself a 2017 Lancer Es in the near future. I have a tons of questions that need to be answered and if you are able to answer at least one question it would be really cool, it would help me alot ! Thanks ! :)

Exteriors Parts :

Bodykit :

•  I had a question about the fitments first, does a OEM Evo Spoiler,Hood and Fron/Back Bumper will fit my 2017 Lancer ES ? I'm not sure about that, but I think only the Hood/Spoiler will fit right ?

Hood and Spoiler will fit, bumpers will not since the Evo is wider than the Lancer.  I believe someone has made the front fenders work, but I'm not sure how that came out.

• What's the best compagny to buy from ? I heard about Duraflex for the Evo kit, but I heard that it's very bad quality, is it true ? Can you recommand me one good compagny that the Evo bodykit will be very nice to see and not bad quality. (I wan't to buy a Front/Back Bumper, Spoiler, Fender, Hood and maybe skirt.)

(Heard about Accolade fews days ago, is it legit/good and fiable ? The site looks a bit weird)

Duraflex is made of fiberglass, so it's cheap, but prone to cracking and will require some slight trimming to get the kit to line up properly.  Plus it can be difficult to repair should you damage the parts, so I would not recommend shelling out a lot of money on fiberglass aero that will be at risk of impact or scraping.  I would recommend going with a poly plastic, as they flex under impact and are easier to repair.

I ordered this bumper and am happy with it, though it did not come with clips for wiring harnesses and not all of the mounting points matched up

http://www.ebay.com/itm/08-15-Mitsubishi-Lancer-EVO-PP-Rear-Bumper-Conversion-Cover-Single-Outlet-/391735331852?fits=Model%3ALancer&epid=1844549969&hash=item5b353ecc0c:g:IkgAAOSwhQhY0dzc&vxp=mtr

Not sure if Ikon sells a front bumper or full kit though.

Headlight/Tailight :

I don;t know about VLand but some people have found that the DRL light tubes in the headlights were rather dim and have upgraded the LEDs to make them brighter, so keep that in mind.  If you get them and they are too dim, you can do the upgrade.  You may have issues with the LED tails, usually this can be solved with a resistor kit of some sort, check out the forums because I know this has been an issue and has been resolved.

Roof/Painting :

• What should I take ? My Lancer will be white and I wan't a black roof, Should I paint it, Plastidip or Vinyl wrap it ? If you have experience with this you can reccommand me a brand ^^
  • I will certainly paint the engine cover etc in white, do you have recommandation for the paint or anything will do the job ?

Plastidip will probably hold up alright on the roof, but I'd go vinyl.  I got dipped this summer and am not as happy with it as I wanted to be, should have saved for a wrap. Especially if you are going to put on a roof rack, as that may wear through the dip faster than vinyl or paint.

As for painting, I cannot stress enough to use a proper automotive clear coat.  Even if you use rattle can enamel for colors, use an automotive clear, I use JC630 (or something like that) which is a medium-hard clear.  They make a sprayer called a PreVal that is just an aerosol canister with a reservoir that you can put whatever you want into it and spray like a rattle can, so if you don't have/want to invest in a sprayer kit that is an easy way to go for small jobs.  Surface prep is key - clean, then scuff with a Brillo pad, then clean, then clean again - the better the prep the better result you'll see in the end. Obviously true automotive paint will give the best results, but I understand budgeting the job.  If you are going to paint, spend the money on the clear coat.

Interiors Parts :

General :

• Like above, I will do some paint job or vinyl in my car for the trims in white, Heard about Vivid for the vinyl, is it a good brand ?

Not sure about Vivid, Avery and 3M are usually preferred.  If Vivid has air release that will make your life way easier - you can work the air bubbles out without having to completely pull up the vinyl.

• Good brand or site to buy Shift Knobs ?

Lots of options, haven't heard of a bad one yet. Be aware of heat in the summer - some of the metal ones get rather hot sitting in the sun.

Audio ! :

Not my field of expertise

Other things :

• I maybe wan't to change my Exhaust, I don't know many site, or any brands of exhaust. I wan't a cool looking and that have a nice sound (Without beeing ricer),  could someone help me out with this situation  ? Or have any reccomandations.
  • I wan't to have ''gold'' looking mag, I don't know where to find this, I search anywhere, but here where I live there are not many car shop. So maybe in USA, there more. I'm looking for mag, like these one : https://gyazo.com/cb845c4cca5f196a09822b20e4fab6a9

Borla, Greddy, Injen, Tsudo Racing are common exhaust brands.  You can also go with cheaper mufflers and/or resonators and build your own system.  Be sure to get the exhaust that matches your model year - exhaust routing changed between 2011 and 2012 for our cars and I don't know if the 2017 model has any changes itself.

I would say keep a resonator - that should help you avoid being too ricey.  Check out Youtube for sound clips and there is an "All About Exhaust" thread on here that can help you decide.

Mag style lugs or gold wheels?  Either way check online, there are lots of options out there.  Amazon and Ebay have a bunch of lug options

So yeah ! That's all for now, I really need recommandations, I don't wan't to buy cheap looking stuff whitout beeing over priced too. I'm sure this will be a very nice Project, with all of theses advices, this will look amazing. Thanks ! :D

Will posts pictures of my car when I will buy it and each time or so I will do add something on it. ^^

Rock on man, keep us updated

On 17/09/2017 at 1:42 PM, MINE said:

Mag style lugs or gold wheels?  Either way check online, there are lots of options out there.  Amazon and Ebay have a bunch of lug options

Rock on man, keep us updated

Gold Wheel :P Many of them are more ''Bronze'' than gold looking haha ! ^^

Didn't found the Thread about Exhaust that you talk about by the way.

And I had another question, AWC take more fuel right, because of the  weight I presume and the 4 wheel that spin' at the same time. If I put it in 2WD, will it use fuel like if it was awc anyway or nope ? Is it really a gamechanger in the fuel consumption haha ? 

Thanks for all your answer ! 

Hey man! I have a 2016 ES. To answer a few of your questions, here are some of my list of what I did that is applicable to your query: (MINE already have answered most of them)

Ralliart Hood - Evo hood will also fit, you may need to change the bolts as what I did but it was not an issue. Duraflex is good if you are handy in sanding but I'd stay away from them. I suggest searching for a used OEM hoods to assure proper fitment and less complications.

Lancer-X Rear diffuser - I purchased my diffuser on ebay and it was from Russia. It is similar to the M-Power ones but cheaper and the fits very tightly. I did some minor tweaking since I need a bigger exit hole for my exhaust.

Plastdip accents-now switched to Vinyl - I used to plasti dip everything that is chrome but I switched all of them to vinyl wrap. Much smoother and cleaner look compared to the plastidip. Vivid is the less inexpensive brand but I'd go with either Avery or 3M. One thing good with these products is that you can always peel them off if you're unhappy with it.

Injen SES exhaust- this is my current set-up now. Its an axle-back and it's a direct fir to the newer models. Just keep in mind that there are two different areas where your pipe exits; one from the center and one from the rear passenger side.

Lancer 8.JPG

Lancer 11.JPG

Lancer 7.JPG

Not sure how much awd affects gas, as I am fwd only.

Exhausts: (UNDER the Performance forum) 

you can always get wheels powerdercoated in whatever gold you like

Now I just need to find a Front Bumper and Hood haha ^^

On 19/09/2017 at 11:55 AM, gstacruz777 said:

Hey man! I have a 2016 ES. To answer a few of your questions, here are some of my list of what I did that is applicable to your query: (MINE already have answered most of them)

Ralliart Hood - Evo hood will also fit, you may need to change the bolts as what I did but it was not an issue. Duraflex is good if you are handy in sanding but I'd stay away from them. I suggest searching for a used OEM hoods to assure proper fitment and less complications.

Lancer-X Rear diffuser - I purchased my diffuser on ebay and it was from Russia. It is similar to the M-Power ones but cheaper and the fits very tightly. I did some minor tweaking since I need a bigger exit hole for my exhaust.

Injen SES exhaust- this is my current set-up now. Its an axle-back and it's a direct fir to the newer models. Just keep in mind that there are two different areas where your pipe exits; one from the center and one from the rear passenger side.

Lancer 8.JPG

Thanks ! Love the look of your car :) Would like to buy a Ralliart/Evo Hood but I don't see that much in sell. If I don't find a used one, I think i'ma going to aftermarket one, but I don't know from where brand haha ^^

Your diffuser is awesome, I don't know if I like more the one that MINE recommand me or your haha !

By the way, your Exhaust rock, look so good, does it's sound good? I think I will go with this, anyway there not a tons of different exhaust for Lancer Models I think.

8 hours ago, MINE said:

Not sure how much awd affects gas, as I am fwd only.

Exhausts: (UNDER the Performance forum) 

Thanks ! :D

I just picked up a blue 2017 lancer, so as I do mods I'll let you know also!

UPDATE : 

A bit more advancement in my research, I like being prepared before buying something and have all my mods already planned hahah ! :P

So yeah, one of my friend have Ikon Motorsport FQ440 kit and it look pretty awesome. So I think I will go with that option, I'm not entirely fan of the random air trap on the top of the Front Bumper tought, I don't know if it possible to hide it or something else if I go to a body shop. Shipping is a pain, 450$ to Canada, rip haha 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/08-15-Lancer-FQ-FQ440-Style-Front-Bumper-Side-Skirts-Body-PP-Polypropylene-/281925938129

http://www.ebay.com/itm/08-17-Mitsubishi-Lancer-EVO-10-Sedan-4Dr-ABS-Rear-Trunk-Spoiler-Matte-Black-/390921328834?fits=Year%3A2014%7CMake%3AMitsubishi%7CModel%3ALancer%7CSubmodel%3AES&epid=1641162420&hash=item5b04ba18c2:g:K7UAAOSwEzxYR9sL&vxp=mtr

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Always looking for a Hood thought. I hesitate more and more between Evo Hood or FQ400 Hood.

I don't know where to buy from, I've got the choice to buy from Seibon or Autocity Import at this moment because Idk what are the best ahah, someone know what the difference between FiberGlass and Carbon Fiber ? Is it really a gamechanger and can I paint both ?

Because I'm thinking about this one : http://www.autocityimports.com//2008-mitsubishi-lancer-cbd-fiberglass-hood-p-8307.html or 

http://seiboncarbon.com/products/oem-style-carbon-fiber-hood-for-2008-2010-mitsubishi-lancer-evo-x.html

Here a example of what the FQ 400 hood looks like I think it's very nice and differ from other. :

https://gyazo.com/0195a1abf95fc5d5f896a6ff27bdda1e

https://gyazo.com/7bbef941bf90f5e23e6ff08072f83966

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to take the VLAND Head and Tailight, heard good things about them and people is really happy with them, so I don't think I'm going wrong with these, plus they look really good. Will also Wrap the roof with black 3M, it's a safer choice and will wrap the interior trim in white too. As for the exhaust, Injen SES will do the job, look really awesome with a good sound. Perfect :P

Carbon fiber and fiberglass are different materials.  Carbon fiber is lighter and stronger.  A lot of people buy carbon fiber parts for the performance qualities AND the finish.  That said, you can paint it.  This post has good info on prep work: https://www.bikeforums.net/6093165-post8.html

3M is a good choice.  While you're at it you could wrap the hood too - way less prep than paint.

Let us know how you like the Injen - I have an Injen resonator that I'm pairing with a Greddy axle-back hopefully in the next couple of months

19 hours ago, MINE said:

Carbon fiber and fiberglass are different materials.  Carbon fiber is lighter and stronger.  A lot of people buy carbon fiber parts for the performance qualities AND the finish.  That said, you can paint it.  This post has good info on prep work: https://www.bikeforums.net/6093165-post8.html

For a Daily Driver that doesn't mind about the carbon fiber finish because will surely wrap/paint it, does paying 300$ more for a Carbon fiber one is worth it or nah ?

Thanks really much man ! Wouldn't know what to do without your help and the help of other !

8 hours ago, Altekz said:

For a Daily Driver that doesn't mind about the carbon fiber finish because will surely wrap/paint it, does paying 300$ more for a Carbon fiber one is worth it or nah ?

I don't think it's worth it, IMO