Mthrun67

Tire/Rim Size Help!

7 posts in this topic

I have an 15' Lancer GT, love my car! I'm getting ready to put new tires/rims on. I see that I can go with 225/45-18 & not have to fender roll.

My question is how low & wide can I go without having to do any mods??  thanks everyone!!!

You should be able to find your answer in this thread. Lotta info. You can go low without having to roll the fenders because the stock wheels are thin, but if you do go with wider wheels, you will have to roll and possibly pull your fenders depending exactly how wide and how low you go.

thanks!! I just don't want to do any mods....I was thinking maybe 17's instead but also don't want it to rub when hitting a bump LOL

4 hours ago, Mthrun67 said:

I have an 15' Lancer GT, love my car! I'm getting ready to put new tires/rims on. I see that I can go with 225/45-18 & not have to fender roll.

My question is how low & wide can I go without having to do any mods??  thanks everyone!!!

I am on Eibach lowering springs and run 225/45/18's with no issues at all. My drop  was just subtle, 1.2" front, 1' rear.

Lancer 12.JPG

My Lancer is stock. just looking to fill in the gap between the tire & fender well without it rubbing

I have the 18x7 stock Lancer GTS wheels with 225/45/18 tires. I'm lowered on Tein S-Tech springs which is about a 2 inch drop. I've had no issues with rubbing whatsoever after almost two years.

I'm on Eibach sportline with 225 45 18 no issues,other than ride quality.

image.jpeg