mwebb17

What Springs should I go with?

5 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I have a 2014 Lancer GT and I have my mind set on just buying a set of springs for lowering my car for looks, because it will just be a daily driver. Just curious as to what springs to go with and what is the easiest to install, and if I need to buy anything else so that the install will go smoothly. Most importantly, I just need to find springs that will work with my model lancer. Any photos/experience/knowledge would be great. Also, not looking for a huge drop, 2-3" max. Don't want to destroy stock struts and suspension.

Not sure about the springs themselves but do it the safe way and buy/rent a spring compressor tool from your local auto parts store.  It keeps the spring and strut from blowing apart during replacement and helps you keep the new spring seated properly on its seat while reassembling.

I agree with what he said ^^ It'll definitely make things go a lot smoother.

I have Tein S-Tech springs on mine. They're about a 2 inch drop. The ride is pretty rough, but the car sits nice and corners nice, and they were pretty cheap so I'd say they're worth it.

I have Eibach pro-kits on mine and gave me a very subtle drop, around 1.2 (front) and 0.8 (rear).  I settled with these as winter here in Canada is brutal, I need to have a drivable stance since I daily it. Me and my buddy installed the springs and took us around 3-3.5 hours. Definitely need the spring compressors as it may be very dangerous if you'd hit your face when removing them. Since mine is a 16, we still managed to use the old sway link bars. I've heard for some they ended grindering it as it may be a pain in the ass and not worth the time fiddling with it. I think they cost like $30 at any local auto stores. Here's my current ride height now:

Lancer 13.jpeg