gstacruz777

2016+ Facelift Lip questions

2 posts in this topic

I wanted to start up a topic where it touches base with the new facelift front end. In other Lancer pages, it usually gets tons of questions whether which lip will fit the facelift ones. Currently there are a few options on lip choices that can be installed on the new front ends.

The most common lip you see is the ever famous Ezlip or AllFit Lip. It is easy to install and its soft structured material makes you easy to mold the shape of the front end. A few flaws that I see here is the sagging/curtain look. The tip to have a flat, splitter type look for these universal lips is to slightly stretch the material while you're working your way on the bumper edges. In cold areas, I would suggest to heat the 3M double adhesive tape first before applying to get the adhesive be very sticky, and of course, pre-clean your surface.

Ezlip or AllFit lip:

Lancer.jpgJuan Ibarra AllFit lip.jpg

(Photo Credits to Juan Ibarra's Facelift Lancer)

Another lip that some people use is the CS2 STI Lip. Solid and you can choose whether you want the flared side or just the straight ones. This lip has mixed reviews when matched with facelift models. Lots of people are also using this lip for pre-2016 models. With this one, I would suggest to use stainless steel screws/bolts and supplement it with 3M double adhesive tape all around for maximum support. A few issues needed to be mentioned here is that some complained of the tight fitment especially for the flared ones. Some used a dremel to trim some edges to obtain their fit of preference. There were also some issues saying that the edge of the flare side does not align to the edge of the fenders , having said this, some wanted to choose the non-flared ones as it's much more easier to align.

STI CS2 Lip:

Angelique Rodriguez CS2 Lip.jpg

(Photo Credits to Angelique Rodriguez's Facelift Lancer)

Gilbert Salvador CS2 Lip2.jpg

(Photo Credits to Gilbert Salvador's Facelift Lancer)

An Australian based Drive Performance Parts had this lip listed as specific to the CF (2016+ Lancer) model. It's made of FRP and it comes unpainted. Easy bolt on as per staff whom I spoke with. Upon doing some additional research, I also have come up with Rainbow Pen's Mugen Lip which looks very similar to what Drive Performance Parts are offering. You be the judge if it's the same.

Drive Performance Parts CF Lip:

Drive Performance Parts lip 1.jpg

DPP lip 2.jpg

Rainbow Pen's Mugen Lip:

RP Mugen lip.jpg

Lastly and the most recent Lip I found was a Devsport FRS Lip. Made of ABS plastic sheet which gives you a splitter type look. Unfortunately, the sides again does not meet the edge of the fender but one thing good with Devsport is they have ABS winglets to attach on the sides to give you the flared and flushed look.

Devsport:

devsport frs lip 2.jpg

devsport frs lip 1.jpg

(Photo Credits to Joey Adam's Facelift Lancer)

Devsport Winglets:

addon_front_winglets_devsport.jpg