HerTeddyBear

New car guy looking to learn

5 posts in this topic

Hi y’all 

I’m a new car guy. Bought my first car back in August of 2017; an ‘09 Lancer base model. I really want to start modding it but as I said I’m new to this and have no idea where to start or what to do. I have a steady job and make decent money so that shouldn’t be too much of an issue but I am only 18 so I’m trying o save money for the future as well. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

Welcome to PL!  Head on over to the member rides section of the forum and take a look at some build threads.  You can see where others started and where they ended up and that can give you a great place to start.  Are you looking for performance gains? Styling changes?  There is a lot of great info on this site, peruse for a bit and ask away.

6 minutes ago, MINE said:

Welcome to PL!  Head on over to the member rides section of the forum and take a look at some build threads.  You can see where others started and where they ended up and that can give you a great place to start.  Are you looking for performance gains? Styling changes?  There is a lot of great info on this site, peruse for a bit and ask away.

Ok, thanks for the help. 

I’m looking for both really

Performance gains will be modest unless you go with forced induction.  There are a couple of well-documented projects for this, check out TFlash for his write-ups, pretty sure Blizzard25 also has some good turbo info.  Common performance mods that are pretty easy include exhaust and intakes, suspension upgrades, brake upgrades.  Lightweight pulleys are also available, not sure how easy those are to swap.

As for styling you have a lot of choices, really best to browse photos until you find something you like.  Interior details are good starting points (shift knobs, sill plates) , or painting/dipping/wrapping parts to mix it up.

You should start a build thread to track your progress and post some photos of where you are starting.  Happy modding!

Ok, thanks for your help. I’ll look into that

ok I’ll start one soon