2016lancergts

4G69 throttle body installation

5 posts in this topic

Good day ladies and gents! I’m new to PL! Been working on my 2016 Lancer gts 4b12. Been looking into installing the 4g69 and was wondering what everyone did for the coolant line reservoir. Definitely keeping it because of our sh*tty winters in New Brunswick, but was wondering if the coolant line from the 4b12 will reach the 4g69 throttle body. Also any certain steps you guys took please let me know! Thanks!

21 hours ago, 2016lancergts said:

Good day ladies and gents! I’m new to PL! Been working on my 2016 Lancer gts 4b12. Been looking into installing the 4g69 and was wondering what everyone did for the coolant line reservoir. Definitely keeping it because of our sh*tty winters in New Brunswick, but was wondering if the coolant line from the 4b12 will reach the 4g69 throttle body. Also any certain steps you guys took please let me know! Thanks!

Hello and welcome! I have a 2016 ES and will be swapping the 4g69 TB this spring with the help of a buddy of mine. The stock coolant hoses needs to be changed as it won't reach. You also need to change the black box and just need to make a slight cut to fit the housing. Just let the engine idle for 5 mins to have it re-learn after install.

Awesome I appreciate it! When you do the swap you should definitely make a video. 

22 hours ago, 2016lancergts said:

Awesome I appreciate it! When you do the swap you should definitely make a video. 

will do!