Denyzen

New Member In Denver, CO 2010 Gts

5 posts in this topic

Hello guys,

I'm a forum noob here, just figured I'd make my intro. I bought my new car this past December; it's a 2010 Lancer Gts Manual (Fed not Pzev). The pic I'm uploading is taken before I drove it away from the dealership. =) I really enjoy the way the Lancer handles and drives; I've always had old cars in the past. I love how it feels like the car just wakes up when you get it to 3k+ rpm. I'm just getting started on a few changes/upgrades now that I've finished with most of the neglected maintenance. One of the previous owners had already changed over to a SRI and a custom Muffler. Those are the only two actual upgrades I can find that were made to the car; I've found a couple of other odd mods that I can't explain and will likely ask for opinions on later as to what they're supposed to do (with pics). I'm in the process of ordering the 4-2-1 headers from Supercircuit, and I'd appreciate anyone who has experience with them chiming in to tell me if you noticed any improvement in performance and/or tone. Also, I know they say bolt on...but is it really or is it bolt on with modification???

Thanks guys.

IMG_2085 (1).jpg

Welcome to PL!  That's a great color, especially in that light.  As for your header question, poke around the exhaust forum section and you'll probably find some good info.

What are these weird mods you've found? Start a build thread and show us

welcome!

Thank you both. =) Yeah MINE I found out about the headers by browsing PL, but couldn't find any info on install difficulty. I'm going for it either way though. I want to see if I can't get a little more pep in the mid-low range. I'll take your suggestion to start up a build thread and continue info there. Thanks

CarID has decent how-to videos, if I remember correctly they had one about changing the headers.  Not sure if the specific model you are looking at is on their site or if there are any weird fitment notes about it but the header change overall is quite easy with a lift, even a good set of jack stands makes it doable, just a few bolts to pop off and put back on