bobbylawn

OBX axle back exhaust 08+ ES

3 posts in this topic

I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with these axelback exhaust systems.  i’m going axleback instead of fatback because i really don’t think supposed extra 4 whp on paper will really be noticeable, if even any mod is noticeable at all. none the less i’ve decided to mod my lancer so here we are. dont be afraid to just post a link either if this has been discussed before, but i did do a search.  don’t be afraid to say it’s crap and tell me why i should get a different exhaust, i’m all ears thanks!  

17 hours ago, bobbylawn said:

I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with these axelback exhaust systems.  i’m going axleback instead of fatback because i really don’t think supposed extra 4 whp on paper will really be noticeable, if even any mod is noticeable at all. none the less i’ve decided to mod my lancer so here we are. dont be afraid to just post a link either if this has been discussed before, but i did do a search.  don’t be afraid to say it’s crap and tell me why i should get a different exhaust, i’m all ears thanks!  

Axleback is mainly for sound IMO. You feel a change since it will be less restrictive compared to the stock muffler but when it comes to numbers, I think it won't register any gains. Cat back and header back will be your best choice if you want some minor gains.

If you can find a good exhaust shop nearby you can go with a custom exhaust setup without breaking the bank. I've got a shop I use that hits me for around $200 to run new piping from the headers on back if I provide the cat, muffler, and O2 sensor coupler. They do good work and they're not a big outfit. Other chain shops would want to charge me the same amount to unbolt my muffler and bolt a new one on lol.