Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
2008lancergts

GTS transmission swap

13 posts in this topic

i have the 08 2.0l gts cvt and want to change to a manual transmission...is there any way i can change it by buying a new manual transmission and dropping it into the cvt engine and if so where could i buy the tranny...or would i need tobuy an entire new engine?

Why not get a stick shift in the first place?

You would need a new engine because the cvt and manual wouldn't work the same.

Hmm...I'm sure you could do this without a new engine...you'd need the tranny and to probably reprogram the ecu.

LOL and probably need like 3k or more for that

Upgrade to RA or something?

You should just trade in your lancer for a manual lancer... and grab an 09 while you are at it! haha

Dont even think about it. Easy way trade in your car its the cheapest way or if you would like....

You need a new manual transmission, TCM Controller, New ECU, Possible electronic harness rewire, clutch pedal, cables, ect. Countless hours of labor because this is no DIY its serious work and to top it off its a 08 car with all new transmission that only mitsu has just try getting a price quote.

Possible Yes Probable absolutely not hate to bust your bubble but just trade in and lose the 5K and save money.

bad call man. def not a good idea. its not just the tranny, ur gonna have to change alot of other stuff too. not worth it!

that sucks...i cant trade i still have 8grand left on the loan and it has 20k miles so even if i get like 14 for it(which was the highest trade value at like 4 dealerships) i only get a few grand trade for a brand new car..thanks for the help guys