NULL

Adjust Headlight Aiming!

66 posts in this topic

How To Adjust You Low Beam Aim

AdjustLight001.jpg

This was the diagram from the documentation... It is showing the wrong "Hole" for the screw driver to Poke in to reach the adjusting screw... (Maybe this is only applied to AFS headlights)

So.. this is the right one...

AdjustLight002.jpg

See the RED screw driver ?

The "Hole" is actually ON the headlight.. NOT on the body as per the diagram.

AdjustLight003.jpg

Note : This picture is not out of focus.. it is actually focusing on the "teeth" of the Adjusting Screw at the bottom of the hole..

---

To adjust the light

1) Shine the light on the wall

2) Twist twist the adjusting screw.. (sorry, I forgot which direction is UP or Down...)

3) Do it for both side of the lights..

4) DONE

Note : This is only for Low Beam. According to the Manual, after you adjust the Low Beam, High Beam will follow..

Have FUN!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the info joey, + a lot of other good threads.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice write up bro, today i was adjusting them and i found it even easier if u get a ratchet with a 10 mm socket and go behind and find the adjusting nut which is in the same position and in the picture and just tighten or loosen, to adjust. man it is alot easier haha

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice Joey. This should definatly be stickied.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this is exactly what ive been needing for like 2 weeks now!

lol

thanks!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No problem guys. Anything else i come up with will be posted.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, thanks for the info for adjusting the headlights. Very useful. Now I have another question. How high or low should we adjust our headlights to? How do we know it's too high, or too low. Is there a certain height lvl to look out for? I feel as though my headlights are aiming too low, but it could just be me ya know. I don't want to blind everyone I pass by. So maybe a how-to adjust your headlights to aim correctly? ^^

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes thanks for the info my hid's are out of line lol and blinding people

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
yes thanks for the info my hid's are out of line lol and blinding people
Anytime bro.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i need one for adjusting left and right

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^What do you mean? Like adjusting your beam so it moves horizontally?

I know for sure there is a bolt that allows this on the 09 headlight. I don't know if they are any different than the 08's, most likely not. But I thought I'd point that out.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yea its off to the right just a bit.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you install HID'S is it necesarry to adjust the head lights?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hmm they will usualy need adjusting

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hmm they will usualy need adjusting
Ill say 75% dont have to be after installation, the other 25% yes. Mines didnt need any adjusting.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hmm they will usualy need adjusting
Ill say 75% dont have to be after installation, the other 25% yes. Mines didnt need any adjusting.
I dont know but mine seem a little low.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hmm they will usualy need adjusting
Ill say 75% dont have to be after installation, the other 25% yes. Mines didnt need any adjusting.
I dont know but mine seem a little low.
If they seem a little low adjust them alittle. Thats why I said 25% do have to be adjusted.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im just saying there a little low but im not sure if there suppose to be the way they are.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Im just saying there a little low but im not sure if there suppose to be the way they are.
Who installed them??
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now