NULL

Adjust Headlight Aiming!

66 posts in this topic

i was wondering how to do this, when i lowered my car my headlights facedown now, i wonder if i can adjust it up and down

^Yah, you can. Follow the how-to.

I know that for mine I had to adjust them. THey were way to low. Now they are almost perfect (ones a little lower but its cause my bumper is messed) After next week when it hopefully goes into the shop for the last time I will have to adjust them one last time.

Our headlights are actually pretty good and create a line right in the middle that makes it easy to make sure they are even.

I have mine more up than level because i believe my lows should shine more than 60 feet infront of me, and being they are bright HIDS (8k) people flash there high beams at me all the time but idc, also at night when im behind someone they love to tap their brakes a million times to say back off, but i don't i follow them so they shine into their rear view mirror (its and a$$ move).

^You have aftermarket HID's which produce a HUGE amount of glare for other drivers. To add to it, you aim them even higher than normal. Wow, I must say, that's pretty selfish of you. These are they kind of drivers I hate. Why not show some consideration to the other drivers on the road.....

Whats the general rule to adjust hids? I installed mine last night, havent been flashed yet, but i wouldn't mind going up to a wall and make sure they are good. The looked liek a nice flat line on the garage wall!

Whats the general rule inst it like 15' away from wall should be like X inches up??

Here's a simple headlight aiming procedure that works for most vehicles. Make sure the fuel tank is at least half full, then park the vehicle on a level surface about 6 inches from a vertical surface -- the driveway and garage door often work well for this. Turn on the low beams and mark the center of the "hot spot" from each headlight with a masking tape "+" on the wall or door. Back the vehicle straight back about 25 feet, and check where the hot spot from each headlight now falls. They should be about 2 inches below and 2 inches to the right of each "+" on the wall. Adjust accordingly.

I have mine more up than level because i believe my lows should shine more than 60 feet infront of me, and being they are bright HIDS (8k) people flash there high beams at me all the time but idc, also at night when im behind someone they love to tap their brakes a million times to say back off, but i don't i follow them so they shine into their rear view mirror (its and a$$ move).
what you are doing already with your lights aimed higher than normal is AN A*S MOVE

Just watch the beam and make sure its not hitting people mirrors, thats when it will start to be a piss off.. so keep it low and avoid angry drivers and tickets

i have no clue how to do this

i have a 09 and tried it out today didnt go so smooth

If it bothers that many people on here i will adjust them to be accurate and not in peoples eyes, but either way my HIDS are bright and it will still Pi$$ of some people no matter where they are aimed. You guys didnt need to flame on me for telling you that, i told you it is an As$ move on my part but w/e ill adjust them this weekend then.

how long does the screw driver hav 2 b, cause i tried this but the screw driver is not catching on 2 anything.

I installed my hid's 1 week ago, and so far no flashing whatsoever. However, I'm still wondering if they are bright or not. When driving with them, I can't really see much more ahead than my stock bulbs, but everything closer is so much brighter. Do most lancer owners aim the lights down? I do a fair bit of night driving on the highway, so I still want to see where I'm going. Also, is the high beams affected too? I wouldn't mind lowering the lows if I had too, providing the high beams didn't adjust as well. Thanks!

any adjustment for projector types? vertical adjustments are done electronically but not left to right my left headlight kinda far to the left when i did a bulb swap

^Check to see that your bulb is seated correctly. The horizontal aiming should not be affected when swapping out bulbs.

Are those TE-37's in your sig? They look great.

tnx man thats what i think too, i think they give me a different buld a littli sticker says D2C

ive been trying to adjust the vertical aim of my projectors coz the one on the right is aimed towards the floor...i mustve touched the adjusting screw by mistake when i baked open my lights...

a lil help please..i cant find the bolt to adjust it with...my right projector is 5 hands lower than my left one..HELP !!

oh S***! 5 hands down isnt good. someone help him!

sorry its 3 hands lower...its aimed straight at the floor..like a foglight..

cant find anything on the net... :(

Did you check the first page of this thread.?

Did you check the first page of this thread.?
yup..a 10mm socket wrench should be used to adjust the vertical aim..but i cant find which one i can loosen or tighten to lift it up...

it's on the first page. the arrow is pointing to it. you may have to use a flashlight to see it.

it's on the first page. the arrow is pointing to it. you may have to use a flashlight to see it.
tried doing what the pics one1 shows but the screwdriver isnt touching anything no matter which direction i try..

as for the diagram..ive tried to feel the position of that bolt..tried to look for it with a bright light but i just cant feel it..

any other suggestions..