avalancer

ALL About Intake Systems

191 posts in this topic

No CEL at all, take off feels a lot better. Sound from inside the ride is beautiful. It also made my exhaust sound less high pitch and more aggressive. Id recommend this intake for sure.

No CEL at all, take off feels a lot better. Sound from inside the ride is beautiful. It also made my exhaust sound less high pitch and more aggressive. Id recommend this intake for sure.

Which intake are you talking about? The Takeda?

the weapon r

Okay, I had a question;

I plan on getting the INJEN CAI (black), but I also plan to get a Carbon Fiber Evo X hood. Would the hood with scoops help with cold air for a SRI? I live in Florida and when hurricane season comes, I don't wanna stress about driving and hydro-locking, especially with a Hydroshield...

Okay, I had a question;

I plan on getting the INJEN CAI (black), but I also plan to get a Carbon Fiber Evo X hood. Would the hood with scoops help with cold air for a SRI? I live in Florida and when hurricane season comes, I don't wanna stress about driving and hydro-locking, especially with a Hydroshield...

Which part of Florida do you live in bro? (South, North, Central?) And no the vents have not been reported to have any problems with leaking. Based on where you live however if the roads flood BAD and you start gushing up water like you're driving through a flood then I would be worried. While there have been cases of hydro locking I do not believe there have been too many as a result of crazy ass florida weather. If anything you may just have to remove it for the season :( . In which case a SRI is a better option.

Which part of Florida do you live in bro? (South, North, Central?) And no the vents have not been reported to have any problems with leaking. Based on where you live however if the roads flood BAD and you start gushing up water like you're driving through a flood then I would be worried. While there have been cases of hydro locking I do not believe there have been too many as a result of crazy ass florida weather. If anything you may just have to remove it for the season :( . In which case a SRI is a better option.

I live in central Florida, Lakeland to be exact (center most part of the state). I wanted the INJEN because of all the high reviews and it just looks sexy, lol. But if I was getting the Evo hood, I didn't know if there would be more cold air straight to the SRI. I am stressing a little about hurricane season, but I did consider just removing it then just putting it back on and I'm okay with that.

I live in central Florida, Lakeland to be exact (center most part of the state). I wanted the INJEN because of all the high reviews and it just looks sexy, lol. But if I was getting the Evo hood, I didn't know if there would be more cold air straight to the SRI. I am stressing a little about hurricane season, but I did consider just removing it then just putting it back on and I'm okay with that.

The install for the CAI is a bit of a pain. Having an EVO hood would not help or hurt a SRI. Best case if you're really worried about the water is to go for a SRI and create a metal casing for it.

The install for the CAI is a bit of a pain. Having an EVO hood would not help or hurt a SRI. Best case if you're really worried about the water is to go for a SRI and create a metal casing for it.

I appreciate your help, thank you! Hopefully we will meet at a meet since you don't live too far from me. :thumbup:

I appreciate your help, thank you! Hopefully we will meet at a meet since you don't live too far from me. :thumbup:

Eh I'm about to start REALLY getting into modding my car. As soon as I get paid this week I'm gonna start doing as many mods as I can. Tired of my car not being done and I wanna take a proactive stance.

Eh I'm about to start REALLY getting into modding my car. As soon as I get paid this week I'm gonna start doing as many mods as I can. Tired of my car not being done and I wanna take a proactive stance.

That's how I feel. After I get paid on Thursday, I'm going to see about getting my CAI. I've been planning this for far too long, and I want to get it installed and have something done with my bone stock engine, lol. I also plan to just clean out the throttle body after I install the intake, just because I've been wanting to do that. Alex said he'd help make my throttle body bigger and help with more air flow, too. Stoked!

That's how I feel. After I get paid on Thursday, I'm going to see about getting my CAI. I've been planning this for far too long, and I want to get it installed and have something done with my bone stock engine, lol. I also plan to just clean out the throttle body after I install the intake, just because I've been wanting to do that. Alex said he'd help make my throttle body bigger and help with more air flow, too. Stoked!

Hmmm don't think I know Alex. How much is he gonna charge you for doing it?

He's off Floridalancers.com, with the white EVO with the FL-Lancers decal on the hood/fender. He said he'd help me for free. He lives here local in Lakeland.

Let me know how it goes. I might have to hit him up.

I got a question for anyone out there. Im looking at the K&N Typhoon CAI. What do yall think about the brand, pros and cons or which would be better?

I WANT TO GET AND SRI BUT NOT SURE WHAT ARE A GOOD BRAND I NOTICE YOU DONT HAVE THE WEAPON R INTAKE ON YOU LIST YOU HAVE ANY PRO AND CON ON THE INTAKE

I'm looking to put a intake on my new 2011 lancer Es. Im looking for something that will give me some horsepower? Does anyone have any opinion on a good one.

I'm looking to put a intake on my new 2011 lancer Es. Im looking for something that will give me some horsepower? Does anyone have any opinion on a good one.

All of them "give horsepower", but none of them give you enough to make a drastic difference. Look through all the Intake type threads, and look at peoples results.

And welcome to the forums. Be sure to introduce yourself!

i personally installed a K&N typhoon in my 2011 Lancer ES. Im very happy with this system and it is high quality and adds a nice growl once you stomp on it. I also feel that it "pulls" a bit harder now, but it may be my imagination. K&N states that this intake provides over a 6hp gain in our cars, which is good for a quick bolt on part.

all short ram intakes would be ideal for our cars since we need the quick response.. short ram intake good for 0 to 80

Cold airs are good for usually over 60 mph

hey guys, i just removed the heat shield part from my takeda but kept the RA duct in place and noticed a moderate boost in throttle response, just want to know what you think of doing this, i only removed it cuz its been like 40 degrees here though.

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk 2

Ive removed mine before and I definitely noticed the same things as Rob but my MPGs started to suffer so I put it back. Not to mention with my greddy it was loud as hell. I couldn't imagine how loud it would be now with my header in.

Ive removed mine before and I definitely noticed the same things as Rob but my MPGs started to suffer so I put it back. Not to mention with my greddy it was loud as hell. I couldn't imagine how loud it would be now with my header in.