Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EVOLUTION X MR

My Lancer was dead for the weekend!! :(

19 posts in this topic

Well I just had a wonderful wweekend. NOT. i took my car into the dealer for a 3000 mile service/oil change. I asked them to check the no start problem again. I showed the the TSB and the lady said yes but the last time you came in for these there wwere no codes in the system. I said fine check it again. So 2 hours went by and I was called back in. She said ahh yes there were 4 codes in the system for that problem. She said they tried to update the ECU and it crashed. She said we cannot get the car started. All that was going through my mind was that WORKS flash. So she said they have to order me a new ECU and the car will be ready Mon. So I asked for a rental and they said no because that is not covered in Mitsubishis warranty. So I had to call someone I knew to take me home which is 45 min away and drive me back with my 2ed key so they could program that when the new ECU came, then I got driven home.All weekend I was worried that Mon would come and that they would figure out that the ECU was modified. Well the dealer called me at lunch time and I did not pick up in fear. She said the car was all done and running great, be done here before 6 and pick it up. I was relieved that they did not find out. So I called back bc I was so happy and told them to do a complete detail on the car, interior, exterior and engine. I did not care if it was $200 I was 2 happy. So I called WORKS and told them what happened, and they said send out your ECU and we will flash it for you again free of charge. So that was my weekend. I was just p!ssed at myself and did not feel like doing anything.

Wow, good thing they didnt find out the ECU was modded.

Good to hear everything is going back to normal. You probably Had people worried you got messed up in an accident the way you said you needed to calm down. Either that or your car was messed up.

haha dum mitsu techs!!!!! they didnt follow the scan tools directions and fried the ecu!!!!! i shouldnt say S*** cuz i fried a 2008 Ls460L last week lol glad to hear the cars back.....

Good to hear everything is going back to normal. You probably Had people worried you got messed up in an accident the way you said you needed to calm down. Either that or your car was messed up.
Yea well the car was messed up bc it could not start. But I think they knew the ECU was flashed bc there was a WORKS decal on it, that they put there. So I think they realized they messed up and took the blame

lol great story.. glad to see u on the streets again.

Wow thats crazy bro. Myself and a few other were worried that you had gotten into a accident or something. Glad to hear everything came out good.

COUGH i was one of the few that thought you were in accident COUGH

Glad, you're car is running again.

damn dude, your chat message sounded like you got totalled! good to hear all is good

PS: took my car in today after changing the oil, just for a thourough inspection... guess what? they didn't void my warranty for all the electronics, gauges turbo timer etc... lol!

I also then thought maybe you went to get the RalliArt..lol.

Joey I was so close to driving off the lot with a new car but I bite my tongue. Im just lucky they did not void my warranty, bc if anyone has to worry its me LOL.

Joey I was so close to driving off the lot with a new car but I bite my tongue. Im just lucky they did not void my warranty, bc if anyone has to worry its me LOL.
they probably just tried to update the ECU like they did to mine the last time, then it failed to write, causing them to think "oh snap... we F'd his ECU..."

what benefits does the WORKS flash have?

just curious

wow, my heart was beating fast as i read through this. oh man, im glad everything went well in the end.

When you send WORKS your ECU, please tell them not to put the sticker on the ECU. Glad your rollin' again!

When you send WORKS your ECU, please tell them not to put the sticker on the ECU. Glad your rollin' again!
Yea that was my bad LOL. I should of took that off

Glad you and the mitsu is good and in tip top performance.