aliasgx

under dash led install how to wire up to the fuse

27 posts in this topic

i wanna know if anyone who has done this already can post a step by step ( with pics ) on how to wire up led/neon lights to the fuse box under the dash.......i don't know anything about electrical wiring.......i plan on also adding a on and off switch to it ..........if anyone can help it would be great appreciated.

ps. i know that other people have posted this question but the only thing i found was a drawn diagram and that really didn't help me.....

it is quite simple actually. I was in your same situation last week. I got my leds just a few days ago and i am waiting for my switch. if u give me a couple a days i will post a how to. but for the main part all u have to do is strip the wire on ur leds. i used scissors it worked out pretty good. then u take ur center console apart super easy. then when u get to the cig lighter pull off the plastic wiring. then put one wire in one circle and the other wire in the other circle. then place the plastic wiring back on. turn the key to acc. and they should light up. u might have to mix and match the wire to see which goes where. hope that helps but like i said give me a couple of days and ill have pics.

no problem.....thanks that would be awesome bro....i am going to go and buy them today so i can have them ready.....

Alright i hope this helps i still don't have the switch yet so they stay on when ever the car is on.

1. Strip the tip of the wire on your leds (either use a wire stripper or the bottom of the pliers work well to).

pic01.jpg

2. It helps to organize the wire if you tape the reds and blacks together with electrical tape.

pic02.jpg

3. Then hook the wires to the bottom of the cig lighter. Put the black one on the big prong and the red on the small prong.

pic03.jpg

4. Then just push the plastic cap back on and you should be good to go. try to turn the car to acc mode before you put everything back together.

pic04.jpg

5. Now just place the leds where ever you would like and you are good to go.

pic04.jpg

Hope this helps PM me if u have any ?'s. I'll see if i can add on more when i get my switch.

hey thanks a lot bro....dat looks easy enough.......good job!

jdconverse, I added the pics to this.

I'll move the how-to section later.

Getting ready to head to Orlando and pickup my Angel Eyes!!!!

Thats the same thing I did, it is super easy. I'm just waiting to decide if I want to drill holes in my cup holder..

I installed my shift knob with a led strip on it and thats where i put the +, - to power it. My underdash led's are ran to my fuse box.

lancerpower4b11 ....can u show me how to hook up the led's to the fuse box.....if u have pics that would be awesome ......

i dont have pics but i can surely take some sometime.

if u could, dat would be awesome bro...cause i have the lights and the switch for them....ill be picking up the LED dome light and parking lights today after work

yes anything with pictures on how to hook up led's to fusebox and apply switches would be great!

you dont have to hook it up to the fuse just use the cigarette lighter its easier thats what i did. but i suggest if u have a switch to connect it to the cigarette lighter thats in the actual center console box because that one is hot all the time and ull be able to turn the lights on even if the car is off. where as if u use the cigarette lighter he shows the lights can only go on when your car is on. idk just something to think about

Alright i hope this helps i still don't have the switch yet so they stay on when ever the car is on.

1. Strip the tip of the wire on your leds (either use a wire stripper or the bottom of the pliers work well to).

pic01.jpg

2. It helps to organize the wire if you tape the reds and blacks together with electrical tape.

pic02.jpg

3. Then hook the wires to the bottom of the cig lighter. Put the black one on the big prong and the red on the small prong.

pic03.jpg

4. Then just push the plastic cap back on and you should be good to go. try to turn the car to acc mode before you put everything back together.

pic04.jpg

5. Now just place the leds where ever you would like and you are good to go.

pic04.jpg

Hope this helps PM me if u have any ?'s. I'll see if i can add on more when i get my switch.

do they turn on only when your headlights are turned on or are they always on

im going to be doing this over the next few days but i would rather wire into a fuse so it would be easier to use a switch.

you dont have to hook it up to the fuse just use the cigarette lighter its easier thats what i did. but i suggest if u have a switch to connect it to the cigarette lighter thats in the actual center console box because that one is hot all the time and ull be able to turn the lights on even if the car is off. where as if u use the cigarette lighter he shows the lights can only go on when your car is on. idk just something to think about

so just to clarify, you can use a switch on the cigarette lighter, and if you leave it on all the time the lights will only come on when the car is on? this sounds awesome if it's right it's way easier and is exactly what I'm looking for!

go to an auto part store and pick up an 'add-a-fuse'. wire the power from the leds to the red wire coming off the fuse. pull out the fuse of the power source in the fuse box you want to use and stick the add-fuse in it. no wire splicing. easy

100_0847.jpg

as for a switch, i put mine here:

100_0843.jpg

nice

i can use any of the spots on the right side of the fuze box ?

i wired mine straight into the cigarette lighter fuse, i didnt need the "add-a-fuse" thing, it works awesome

my bad i should of added a quote i was talking to ralliartist

so just to clarify, you can use a switch on the cigarette lighter, and if you leave it on all the time the lights will only come on when the car is on? this sounds awesome if it's right it's way easier and is exactly what I'm looking for!

anybody wanna help clear this up?

hmm i was thinking of doing this for some time now . the "cig lighter way" seems to be alot easier for me, but the light will remain on all the time right?

hmm i was thinking of doing this for some time now . the "cig lighter way" seems to be alot easier for me, but the light will remain on all the time right?

I think so. If you want drive to my house and we'll do both our cars lol. I'm good with electrical

nice

i can use any of the spots on the right side of the fuze box ?

the fuse i chose is used for heated seats. since i dont have heated seats, it doesn't affect anything else in the car which is why i chose it. that, and the store i went to only had the larger sized fuse connectors. but any fuse that has power when the key is turned would work. i added the switch because that fuse gets constant power even when the car is off. but if you hooked up to the radio or dash light fuses, they would only go on when you turn the key.

the fuse i chose is used for heated seats. since i dont have heated seats, it doesn't affect anything else in the car which is why i chose it. that, and the store i went to only had the larger sized fuse connectors. but any fuse that has power when the key is turned would work. i added the switch because that fuse gets constant power even when the car is off. but if you hooked up to the radio or dash light fuses, they would only go on when you turn the key.

i think im guna do it that way but with a switch so i would wire the red from the switch the the fuz then wire the red from the light to the switch, and just put both grounds on somthing metal ?