Ektor

Boosting The 4b11

72 posts in this topic

There's already a couple of guys in PR that have done this, not sure if its the same car/engine etc..

give me about a month ;]

What about the RRM turbo kit for the 09 GTS 5 speed? They claim its already tuned and includes everything u need; turbo, piping, intercooler, ecu, etc. Are there any indepth reviews on it? Is it reliable? I drive about 400 miles a week.

Its not always about making as much power as an evo. Just do it to have fun. I boosted my 5spd ES and its not as fast as an evo but its still A LOT of fun.

good write up thats why i have not put a lot into engine mods. Id rather wait till i pay off my Lancer make it my daily driver then buy a car thats already turboed and AWD with a warranty. I just dont think its worth boosting the 4b11 but our cars are one of the best looking on the roads and im satisfied with that,.

What about the RRM turbo kit for the 09 GTS 5 speed? They claim its already tuned and includes everything u need; turbo, piping, intercooler, ecu, etc. Are there any indepth reviews on it? Is it reliable? I drive about 400 miles a week.
I have that kit on my 2.0L and I havnt had any huge problems. Just a few tweaks here and there. My maine problem right now is that the flange for the exhuast side of the turbo and the down pipe is rubbing on a cooling pipe that runs along the backside of the engine block. Havn't figured out a permanent fix to it yet.

Didn't Ektor end up turboing his lancer?

Didn't Ektor end up turboing his lancer?
No, what happened to his lancer was a sad story :(

LONG LIVE THE PINK PANTHER lolololololololol.

Hahahahahaha inside jokes ftw!!!!

The RRM turbo lancer that they moded which is that silver one has stated that after all the mods that has been done to it is as fast & same handling of the evoX

The RRM turbo lancer that they moded which is that silver one has stated that after all the mods that has been done to it is as fast & same handling of the evoX

Thats not a 4b11...

but that is also including me getting all the parts at GOOD prices if not free. Im not sure when I will be finished...but I will keep it under 1k!
Free !?!? is there an NGO or charity organization helping us Lancer owners !?!?

arent the 4b11s only in the ralliarts and evos?

arent the 4b11s only in the ralliarts and evos?
4b11t

i thought their the same engine...adding a "t" infront of the 4b11 means its just turbod

Same engine. In the lancers as the evo and ralliart. Just different internals + turbo. Either a single scroll for the ralliart and a twin scroll for the evo.

4b12

IMO...... that turbo kit has functionality, a+ for putting it together... but they sure coulda made it look a bit nicer for that price. looks like multi purpose hose cut to lenth for couplers and low end clamps.... dont get me wrong, good investment and everything works, but all go and no show. id want both.

Same engine. In the lancers as the evo and ralliart. Just different internals + turbo. Either a single scroll for the ralliart and a twin scroll for the evo.
+1 the 4b11t has completely different internals to make it handle the turbo and such. Honestly I don't think it's worth it at all I mean 1. the price and 2. if your still under warranty then your gunna void that. Honestly for the money youd be spending and no more power than youd get I'd rather just buy a cheaper car that is already turbod and has more potential and build it right. I'm buying a 97' Eclipse GST from a local friend that already has some performance mods in it. Car is in great condition and not riced out at all hahaha. nothing done to the body or such all the money went into the suspension and building the car the right way. I'm getting this car for around the same price that RRM's turbo kit costs alone let alone everything else. Our lancers look great and can be made decently quick but dont have a whole lot of potential in the power area just yet. Give it a few years and I'm sure more will be possible but right now I don't think its worth it

+1 the 4b11t has completely different internals to make it handle the turbo and such. Honestly I don't think it's worth it at all I mean 1. the price and 2. if your still under warranty then your gunna void that. Honestly for the money youd be spending and no more power than youd get I'd rather just buy a cheaper car that is already turbod and has more potential and build it right. I'm buying a 97' Eclipse GST from a local friend that already has some performance mods in it. Car is in great condition and not riced out at all hahaha. nothing done to the body or such all the money went into the suspension and building the car the right way. I'm getting this car for around the same price that RRM's turbo kit costs alone let alone everything else. Our lancers look great and can be made decently quick but dont have a whole lot of potential in the power area just yet. Give it a few years and I'm sure more will be possible but right now I don't think its worth it
I concur. I know from experience.

Figured you'd be one of the only ones that would :D

Figured you'd be one of the only ones that would :D
Well its true. No one should get the rrm kit. Its very limiting. Evo or ralliart is the only way to go.

Exactly. Don't quote me on this but I've heard that with the Lancer turbo kits now you can only really run 8psi safely where as if you get something like a 2gen DSM or something else then theres much more potential to run at much higher psi and much larger turbos

Right most cars that arent built for boost out of the factory usually run anywhere from 4-10 psi anymore then that and they will blow a hole in there block. As i've said a million times if you want a Turbo'd car go trade your lancer in for a ralliart or better yet a Evo. The hit you take will be the same or even less then a turbo kit and you get a new car.