KDMShark

4B11 Dyno List

44 posts in this topic

Manual transmission

EvoM test mule from Mitsubishi (Article Here) - 2008 ES

Modifications:

NONE

142.1 whp, 143 ft-lbs on DYNOmite dynamometer (gear unknown)

(Click here for graph.)

-

SeRious08 - 2008 GTS

Modifications:

RRM piggyback

RRM pulley

Apex'i N1 muffler

122.85 whp, 123.39 ft-lbs on DynoJet dynamometer (4th gear)

(Click here for graph.)

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

CVT transmission

kmxxbadboy - 2008 GTS

Modifications:

NONE

Multiple runs (HP then TQ):

"3rd gear" - 113.89 115.72 & 119.13 118.35

"D" - 126.77 116.59

on DynoJet dynamometer

(Click here for graph.)

-

Jake26 - 2008 GTS

Modifications:

RRM intake

RRM exhaust

RRM pulley

HP TQ

114.8 92.7

119.4 109.2

124.7 108.1

on Dynocom dynamometer (CVT, 3rd or 4th)

(Click here for graph.)

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Unknown

Youtube dyno video - no car info, no dyno info, not 100% sure on results.

Google translation of Spanish language posts seems to say 143whp.

YouTube reply says "148 Horsepower with only exhaust."

Credit Given To Blacksheep Dj

whats with all these low numbers you guys need to dyno to top speed in 5th gear, i wanna see the results then because the #'s you guys are putting out are smaller then the mitsubishi site shows for the 08 lancer stock

Well these are also wheel horse power figures(whp) mitsu based it off crank horsepower which will be higher

how much horsepower will the piggyback on road race motorsports give u?

not much except that should be the last thing you get work on the bolt ons first

Yeah; what's up with the low numbers? Wasn't the car around 142whp/152bhp stock? or somewhere along those lines? It's a bit concerning that adding parts would decrease hp output... there's a Honda infestation in my country and I'd like to begin exterminating as soon as the 1500 miles go by. If you know what I mean.

thats 142 hp from the crank.. power from the crank and to the wheels is different

so how much does the car have at the wheels?

120 - 130hp, depending on a lot of factors including air quality, altitude, dyno, fuel... etc. I'm only using a 92 RON fuel right now. Probably switch to 97 RON or 98 RON, though thats 10 cents more per litre, or $4 - $5 more per tank.

Can somebody explain why people with modifications (pulley, intake, etc) are getting lower numbers than people with no mods?

I could really use your input, since if this is the case (more mods, less hp & tq), I won?t buy anymore modifications for my CVT Lancer, I don?t see why expend money if Im going to get less of what I have now.

Thanks for your comments.

does anyone have intake,exhaust,pulley,and piggyback on their cars with a dyno?? i would really like to know what it came out as..

Consider as well that all of these numbers are on different machines. The only true test would be to run all of these cars, plus the stock car on the same machine.

im not sure why people are getting lower numbers...i do know that without turbo you want more back pressure and if you have a gigantic fart can and big exhaust on you will lose a little HP. And 120 - 130 sounds about right if we get 143hp at the crank....

People should really be getting their cars dyno'd stock and then again after they have some mods.

Also, Most earlier mods still little gains if any because they support bigger mods. For example, intake and catback are usually done first so that you car can breath easy.

120 - 130hp, depending on a lot of factors including air quality, altitude, dyno, fuel... etc. I'm only using a 92 RON fuel right now. Probably switch to 97 RON or 98 RON, though thats 10 cents more per litre, or $4 - $5 more per tank.

Its actually been shown that our cars loose torque with higher octane... stick with 87 guys....

thats 142 hp from the crank.. power from the crank and to the wheels is different
No, thats 142hp at the wheel! its 152hp at the crank, read the article...

acording evoM tests, they got 142.1hp at the wheel, in another test a read they got 144hp so around that seems to be a true number.

Consider as well that all of these numbers are on different machines. The only true test would be to run all of these cars, plus the stock car on the same machine.
yes there are differences between dynos and of course it would be better to do every test in the same circumstances, but the truth is that this differences are relatively small (1-2hp), so you DO get a very good idea, even if they are done in different dynos

apparently this mods aren't doing anything for performance but hurting it, and allot. loosing 10 to 30 hp is too much.

i do agree that every dyno test should be done before and after the mods for each car

How does a stock ES have more whp than a modded GTS? Makes no Sense

4b11. Same engine. No difference. 4b12 is a different story.

My DE straight spanked every gts and es at one of the track days down here. Just because its a lower model doesnt mean anything. Besides the de weighing a lot less lol.

4b11. Same engine. No difference. 4b12 is a different story.

My DE straight spanked every gts and es at one of the track days down here. Just because its a lower model doesnt mean anything. Besides the de weighing a lot less lol.

Really? I really don't think the weight difference between the trims are that significant. Maybe you're just the better driver! :P

Lol ^^^ thats true too. I thought the 08 GTS had the 4b12 but guess, is it new to 2009+?

I thought this thread's a real dyno thread with lots of dyno graphs. :)