Mitsu_Fizzle

*Ultimate Lowering Thread*

307 posts in this topic

Here is a thread to list all available Springs and Suspension Options for our car.

I am including some info as well as some examples of the drop.

I may have missed a few things, so I will be updating this thread as much as I possibly can.

2008+ Mitsubishi Lancer Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs

1.2" Front drop

0.8" Rear drop

The Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs are the perfect answer for most frequently driven streetcars. Its Eibachs legendary Progressive Lowering spring system that dramatically improves both a vehicles performance and appearance.

EIBACH_PROkit.jpg

BEFORE

EIBACH_PROkit01.jpg

AFTER

EIBACH_PROkit01after.jpg

2008+ Mitsubishi Lancer Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs

1.7" Front Drop

1.2" Rear Drop

Created for the extreme enthusiast, who wants that race-car attitude, Eibach Sportline springs are designed for maximum street performance - with the lowest possible drop. Engineered with the same care as Pro-Kit springs, Eibach's Sportline springs achieve legendary handling by aggressively lowering the vehicle's center of gravity with precision-engineered spring rates. The results is a car that handles as well as it looks.

EIBACH_SportLine.jpg

EIBACH_SportLine01.jpg

2008+ Mitsubishi Lancer H&R Lowering Springs (Sport)

1.4" Front drop

1.3" Rear Drop

The most popular spring in H&R's line-up, Sport Springs will lower your vehicle an average of 1.5 - 2 inches (depending upon the make and model of your vehicle) for a lower center of gravity, improved handling and a more aggressive appearance. Sport springs feature more control than that of the OE Sport spring, but is still comfortable for daily use. Sport springs are an excellent choice for street and occasional track use.

HR-springs.jpg

HR-springs01.jpg

HR-springs02.jpg

HR-springs02.jpg

HR-springs04.jpg

2008+ Mitsubishi Lancer RRM G.R.I.P Lowering Springs

1.5" Front drop

1.4" Rear Drop

The G.R.I.P springs were designed specifically for 2008 Lancer. We recently upgraded to version 2.0 which lowers your car 1.5 inches in the front and 1.4 inches in the rear. It still leaves your car high enough not to kill your stock shocks! Great ride, plenty of shock travel and GymkhanaUSA tested!

RRM_GRIP.jpg

RRM_GRIP_V2_03.jpg

RRM_GRIP01.jpg

RRM_GRIP_V2_01.jpg

RRM_GRIP_V2_01a.jpg

RRM_GRIP_V2_02.jpg

RRM_GRIP_V2_04.jpg

RRM_GRIP_V2_04a.jpg

2008+ Mitsubishi Lancer Tanabe NF210 Lowering Springs

1.1" Front Drop

0.9" Rear Drop

The NF210 coil spring features a tasteful drop, and produces the best overall ride quality and comfort for a performance lowering spring. The lowered stance of the NF210 gives the car an elegant pose, while the spring rates, which are only slightly raised (up to 5% over stock) retain factory ride quality settings.

TanabeNF210.jpg

NO EXAMPLE PICS

2008+ Mitsubishi Lancer Tein S-Tech Lowering Springs

2.1" Front drop

1.9" Rear Drop

Tein Stylish Tech (S.TECH) Spring is an excellent step towards suspension tuning. They offer approximately a 2.0 inch drop for a more aggressive appearance. Comes with a 1 year limited warranty. Spring length is guaranteed not to sag more than 5mm and to be clear of any manufacture defects

TEIN_S-TECH.jpg

TEIN_S-TECH00.jpg

TEIN_S-TECH00a.jpg

TEIN_S-TECH00b.jpg

TEIN_S-TECH01.jpg

TEIN_S-TECH01a.jpg

TEIN_S-TECH02.jpg

TEIN_S-TECH02a.jpg

TEIN_S-TECH03.jpg

2008+ Lancer WORKS Ride Lowering Springs

1.1" Front drop

1.1" Rear drop

The RIDE Lowering Springs from WORKS will lower your ride height for flatter cornering, more responsive turn-in and much reduced understeer. The WORKS Lancer lowering springs are shot peened, stress relieved and use linear chrome silicon wound coils with a proportionately increased rear spring rate to give the Lancer a more neutral handling and help eliminate understeer.

WORKSRide.jpg

WORKS_RIDE01.jpg

WORKS_RIDE01a.jpg

2008+ Mitsubishi Lancer Progress Lowering Springs

1.5" Front drop

1.4" Rear Drop

Progress Lowering Springs for the 2008+ Mitsubishi Lancer offers an aggressive lowering height for significantly improved appearance and handling. Increased spring rates sport tune your suspension and minimize body roll. Choosing Lowering Springs from Progress Technology ensures a successful blend of appearance, handling capability, and ride quality.

Progress.jpg

Progress01.jpg

Megan Racing Coilovers

Height Adjustable

Megan Racing Coil-Over Dampers are the ultimate upgrade to your track or street car. Featuring 32 Levels of damper force adjustment, full-height adjustment, these damper kits are then perfectly matched with front and rear Pillow Ball upper mounts for camber correction in most applications.

The adjustment of the damper is as simple as can be with a built-in knob at the top of the damper mount for easy access. Simple adjustments can be made to tune to your style of driving and comfort level desired. Single-Adjustable dampers make suspension adjustments easy to tune whether you're a professional mechanic or an automotive enthusiast with amateur mechanical skills.

MeganCoilovers.jpg

MeganCoilovers_02.jpg

MeganCoilovers_02a.jpg

MeganCoilovers_02b.jpg

MeganCoilovers_03a.jpg

MeganCoilovers_01.jpg

MeganCoilovers_01a.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My man Fizzle. Sickest suspension thread Ive seen so far. Great job bro. This will totally help the n00bs. +1 Rep.

u sould put a aprox price to help out and other needed mods

I disagree. Theres alot of sites selling these kits. The only one that has a steady price is the GRIPS. Fizzle if you want at the bottom of the post you can make a quick list of the all the springs and link to where it can be purchased. Ill help you ok.

I disagree. Theres alot of sites selling these kits. The only one that has a steady price is the GRIPS. Fizzle if you want at the bottom of the post you can make a quick list of the all the springs and link to where it can be purchased. Ill help you ok.
Zero, thats cool if you hook it up. ;)

Josh08es, I was gonna do a price $xxx.xx - $xxx.xx... but I'd rather do what Zero suggested, provide sites where the products can be found.

zero that would help i was looking to buy and i wanted to know if what id be looking at was a good deal

It will be a honor. Lol. So I will do my part on the prices and links at the bottom of the post. So cool that we get to edit each others posts ;) .

wow! great work!

Nice job bro.

good job +1 on the REP for this!

Good job Fizzle...great way to enlighten people who want to drop their car but aren't sure what the final drop will look like.

+1 great write up mitsu

very nice write up....i will help with the decision making process.

the first one seems like te perfect ones for me

sick sickk thread, def helpful. i just got a question whose car is this i dont think ive seen it b4. but i wana see some more pictures

RRM_GRIP_V2_03.jpg

^ I just double checked but thats flipsidekilla's whip. He has a thread (rrm springs) and while scrolling through i saw that you posted in that thread. lol So, you did see it before....There are one or two more pictures in there also.

Mitsu Fizzle, my hat is off to you sir...I appreciate the time you put into the info. i did not even know we had so many options.

+1 rep

I would say the best drops are Tein's ( great drop not that expensive), Megan Coilovers (adjustable but expensive), and Works (looks good and can trust the company around the same price; user preference), then RRM (sadly, looks good company is hard to trust, cheap)

Does anyone know what the stiffest springs are for our cars, Because I wanna get rid of the tein's because they are to bouncy, Great drop, but not practical for dd at all.

lancer bcs you dont know what your talkin about rrm springs are nice quality and rrm is overpriced but they are a very good lancer company.

nickbutterz thats my car =)

ill post pics later got some extra stuff to do to the car =)

lancer bcs, which drop do you have?

lancer bcs, which drop do you have?
I don't have any drop right now...

But from what I have read this is what i have concluded... (go ahead bash on me for this..)

Flipsidekilla... I did say they look good, but are cheap, quality might be good i'm not sure , i just gave my opinion about the springs.

Im prob going Tein or coilovers.

dont get me wrong i love teins =) but i live in buffalo XD

that drop is nice but the streets over here and the weather ill be abusing my car by putting teins on =(

this thread is amazing now i can figure out what i want for springs. I was actually thinking about rrm springs anybody got anything good or bad to say about em?