NULL

Enter 2 Maintain Your Interior

46 posts in this topic

Hello PL. Yes im doing this How To because alot of members have trouble keeping the inside of their awesome Lancer clean. If you are a clean freak like me then you already know whats up. For those seeking guidance, here you go. Anyone who makes a post that states the following; "I cant believe you made this How To, worthless How To, if you dont know how to clean your car your crazy, its simple , this How To isnt necessary, or anything like that will be deleted immediately. This is good information.

Busy work schedules, parenting responsibilities, school activities, and other events often cause those with even the best of intentions to leave their cars in shambles on the inside. If you would love to have a clean car interior but can't seem to keep it tidy, here are some tips to help you out.

Start Clean. The first step to keeping a clean car interior is to start with a clean car interior. Set aside a time to clean your car out completely. Seeing how nice it is to have a clean car interior in the first place will help motivate you to keep it that way.

Have a Trash Bag. No car interior should be without a trash bag. There are products made specifically for this purpose, or you can just use some old plastic grocery bags. Just keep a stash inside a zippered top bag in your glove compartment. Hang one on an arm rest or other convenient spot and use it for food wrappers, empty drink containers, etc.

Keep Car Wipes Handy. Something else you should keep in your glove compartment is car wipes. These wipes, much like general disinfecting wipes used at home, are made specifically for cleaning car interior parts such as your dashboard, steering wheel, etc. Keep a stash in your glove compartment so if you're stuck in traffic, waiting at an extra long light, or arrive at a destination a little early, you can whip one out and do some quick cleaning.

Remove All Trash Immediately. Don't leave the car, and don't let your passengers (especially your kids if you have!) leave the car empty handed. Make sure everyone grabs their empty cups and other trash. Getting in the habit of removing trash from the car each time you get out of it will make a huge difference in your ability to keep your car interior clean.

Enlist Some Help For Floors. If you really want to be a big car neat freak like me, :) keep one of those small rechargeable vacuums in your car. Make sure to recharge it every so often as needed. This can guarantee that even the smallest crumbs will not be hiding in your seats.

Keeping a clean car interior does take some work, but with a few simple changes you'll quickly be the one every comments about, "wow, she/he keeps her car so clean!"

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now for those who have brutal winters this is for you. All of the following can be applied for regular winters as well.

If you are like most people, keeping your car clean during the winter months can be a hassle. Snow, dirt, mud, rock, salt, and other messy elements will make their way into your car whenever you get in and out. Depending on how rough the winter is and how long it lasts, your car could be messy for a long time. When spring comes, you will have to clean it up the best you can or have the car detailed in order to remove all the dried dirt. But there are ways to reduce the damage by preparing in advance.

Buying plastic floor mats is the best way to protect the floor of your car during the winter. These mats are made of thick plastic which will make it easy to clean and will also help remove dirt so that it will not get in your home as well. These mats can be found in auto care stores, department stores, and online. While they can be expensive, they will cost less than having your car detailed. Wipe the mats clean and shake them every few weeks in order to keep your car looking clean.

Have paper towels on hand for when your shoes are muddy and wet from walking in the snow. Clean your shoes off before you drive so that you will not track the dirt into the car. You can also use these paper towels to wipe of the mats, and keep your floors and seats clean. Sanitary wipes can also be used and will leave a clean scent behind. While you may not want to take these steps because it is cold outside, but you will appreciate the effort once spring arrives.

Making sure that your car always smells fresh is another way that you can keep your car clean. Buy an air freshener that will last through the winter and has a clean scent. You can buy these are most gas stations and auto supply shops. If you have children who spill food and drink in the backseat of your car, you should clean the seats with fabric cleaner and then spray them down with a fabric freshener. This will help keep your seat looking like new all winter long.

By following these simple tips, you will be able to keep your car feeling like new even during those times when it is cold and windy outside.

Thank you for reading. Have fun cleaning lol.

Thumbs up zero, A great write up. Im a total freakkk when it comes to the interior of my car. Ill be sure to buy some of those plastic floor mats when winter comes round

you really are a clean freak lol......good write up

Good write up ... but whats a How To w/o any pics!
This isnt a How To. If it was I would of pinned in the How To Section. Its just soem guidelines. ;) And everyone else your welcome, anytime.

nice. my interior needs alot of work. I will try to get it back up to snub

us clean freaks have to stick together!

What the hell man so in considerate I tell you! I don't have arm rests to put a garbage bag ...stupid bucket seats gosh!!!!....sigh I must find another location as recommended.

Thanks Zero.

I do have to start cleaning my interior more often, its not necessarily dirty it just gets really dusty in there.

The exterior is another story. I gotta start going on a pigeon hunt soon or something.

What wipes do you recomend?

Anybody, dealing with/worried about the interior fabric fading? I am because I have not tinted my windows.

Thank you Joey its all so clear now

Thank you Joey its all so clear now
(l) (l) (l) Welcome bro, anytime.

i so need to follow these rules haha.

i so need to follow these rules haha.
Yes sir. Get on it right away.

I just started to use a can of dust off for the vents. Works pretty good.

OMG!! do you know how many times i clean my interior, and everytime my mom gets in the car...MESS!!! I have a 5yr old and he doesnt make a mess...lol... thanks for the tips Joey. one question, or more like a concern. I used armor all wipes when i first got the car and noticed that it stained my carbon fiber along the doors and dash, and it seems like it keeps losing its shine. Yes, I have stopped using it and simply use the microfriber cloth to just wipe it down...anything you suggest to get that shine back? :/

great write up. i probably clean my car every other weekend and take it thru the wash about once a week. i like a clean, tidy car

My additional suggestion. Make use of Trash cans at gas stations, fast food restaurants and grocery stores. The cans are always conveniently located. What I do, while I fill up, I make sure every piece of trash, front seat and back, is out of the car.

Also, in the evenings, try not to leave anything in your car unless you know you need it the next day.

more great tips from Joey i keep my interior spotless except for a little accident my friend spilled on my arm rest i made him buy me a new one. hold your friends responsible if they mess up your ride. You should respect other peoples property and DONT SMOKE IN YOUR CAR!!!!!

Keeping your interior clean can be easy if you start from day one. The only problem i have is the cloth seats i hate cloth they attract so much dust and other little particles that you might not notice. They could stuck on your clothes or your jacket or someone else's thats where that little vacuums comes in handy but its still a pain. Which is one of the reasons why i like leather.

whats up with the cloth seats on the 09 lancer gts? its attracts EVERYTHING.. ideas on how to keep it fresh looking.. maybe a lint brush?

for cleaning wipes I use the Kirkland cleaning wipes for the house, cost less doesn't dry fast and has a lot of wipes so I use it for my interior and under the hood ... Just wanted to share so if anyone doesn't know what wipes to go with this is a option ... Great write up as usual joey

whats up with the cloth seats on the 09 lancer gts? its attracts EVERYTHING.. ideas on how to keep it fresh looking.. maybe a lint brush?
You can use a lint brush also it does work. But you have to maintain it constantly after a while i just got a little dirt devil and everytime i clean my car which is 2 to 3 times a week i go to town on the cloth seats. I also believe it or not I take a slightly damp rag and any spots i see i use a little liquid detergent (Dont use any with bleach in it) and just spot wipe then i vacuume the seats. They also make cleaning spray for cloth which you can buy. The key is getting into the habit of doing it often.

You can use a lint brush also it does work. But you have to maintain it constantly after a while i just got a little dirt devil and everytime i clean my car which is 2 to 3 times a week i go to town on the cloth seats. I also believe it or not I take a slightly damp rag and any spots i see i use a little liquid detergent (Dont use any with bleach in it) and just spot wipe then i vacuume the seats. They also make cleaning spray for cloth which you can buy. The key is getting into the habit of doing it often.
For lint another thing you can use is rubber gloves I use that all the time because I usually have a pair in my pocket after work