NULL

Enter 2 Maintain Your Interior

46 posts in this topic

iv been detailng my cars for years and iv never had such lint issues with seats.. as of now, i have a mini vac that plugs in the lighter port.

Your very welcome guys. Im a clean freak myself. The best thing you can do for these dust attracting seats in use a old school lint remover.

507228.jpg

Your very welcome guys. Im a clean freak myself. The best thing you can do for these dust attracting seats in use a old school lint remover.

507228.jpg

(l) that is too funny joey! Itll come in handy when i wear black pants to clean them as well

my car is always clean from the inside but my seats look like if there fading does anybody recomand somethin to clean my seats.nice write up zero

507228.jpg

(l) that is too funny joey! Itll come in handy when i wear black pants to clean them as well

Lmaoo. Old school.

el pirruris-Your welcome bro. And get the inside detailed. Shampoo etc.

Thanks a lot for this!!!

Def works wonders.

I love having a clean interior! for wipes, I use Black Magic. it seems to keep the dash shiny for a while, even without tinted windows, and it says it protects the dashboard as well.

and yes, im an idiot, and i smoke in my car, and every once in a while i will notice some little white ash flakes in the back seat and stuff, but i just use a rag and dust it off and it looks fine. and also i definitely recommend getting a small air freshener of some kind (especially if you smoke) because even though you may not smell it yourself after a while, it is always nice when somebody gets in your car and says "wow, it smells really good in here". I personally use a small circle one that i have in my cubby hole in the center, coconut FTW!

thanks zero for the good write up. +1

haven't read this until now ;) great write up! when i get a chance i use my dad's shop vac, even on the seats. it is amazing.. then to wipe the dash i use a microfiber cloth and armor all. it's my parents so when i go there, i use it lol as for the smoking, does it stain cloth seats? or is it just leather??

haven't read this until now ;) great write up! when i get a chance i use my dad's shop vac, even on the seats. it is amazing.. then to wipe the dash i use a microfiber cloth and armor all. it's my parents so when i go there, i use it lol as for the smoking, does it stain cloth seats? or is it just leather??

def stains cloth as well lol anytime i'd smoke in the car and with legit no single bit of ash anywhere in the car, you can smell it, unfortunately. i just put a little tree in each side door and put some vent air freshners and even if i smoke in the car, within a few minutes the smell is gone :D

My buddy spilled a milkshake in my car and refused to clean it up. It went all over the dash and floor. He just laughed and tried to pin the blame on me, saying it was my fault HE spilled HIS drink....

I've gotten most all of it cleaned up, but there is a small spot in a rather hard to reach spot on the floor (right next to the seat tracks against the center consol) does anyone have any tips as to getting it out? It bothers me, it’s tiny, but it bothers me. Maybe a toothbrush with a gentle cleaner on it?

My buddy spilled a milkshake in my car and refused to clean it up. It went all over the dash and floor. He just laughed and tried to pin the blame on me, saying it was my fault HE spilled HIS drink....

I've gotten most all of it cleaned up, but there is a small spot in a rather hard to reach spot on the floor (right next to the seat tracks against the center consol) does anyone have any tips as to getting it out? It bothers me, it’s tiny, but it bothers me. Maybe a toothbrush with a gentle cleaner on it?

First you should get back at this guy. Switch his body spray with mace. Or put soap in his windshield wiper fluid.

First you should get back at this guy. Switch his body spray with mace. Or put soap in his windshield wiper fluid.

If only he hadn't moved away to Colorado...he was banished from my car though. I'll keep those ideas in mind incase it happens again though :)

Awesome write...now for some of my suggestions:

I usually have a swiffer handy in my garage to take away all the lint and hairs out of the dash and consoles. As previously suggested, some wipes do come in handy but I usually have the Quik Interior Spray for cleaning by Meguiars and a microfiber cloth in my trunk for that. It works perfect for me. I usually don't use the shine spray but once a month or two is nice.

I currently have the GTS model with cloth seats with a mixture of suede. A great suggestion is getting fabric cleaners that work with the whole "OXY" thing billy mays suggested back when he was the lord of the pitch. Now you don't neccesarily need to get the **** he has promoted but go to any autoparts store and whatever they have works well. WIth that spray, all you need to do is spray, let it sit and wipe. The OXY does all the work. After that...a Vac would be nice.

Next is the suede part on the doors and seats. These are important as they can wear out and look "greyish" if not taken care properly. Aside from the vaccum and fabric cleaner, you should go to a sporting goods store and get a suede protectant/waterproofer for shoes which are made by "Kiwi". Of course, if you find the same thing but not for shoes then go with it. I also plan on getting some seat covers for the daily driving and taking them off for meets/shows whatever.

Next is the leather pieces such as steering wheel, shift knob and hand brake. If you have leather seats this is also important. You NEED TO CONSTANTLY MAINTAIN THESE! Go get some Meguiars leather cleaner/CONDITIONER!!!! Have the spray for those occasion you don't have time but make sure you get the lotion. This helps with the cracking and wearing from constant use.

Better yet...go to http://www.autogeekonline.net/ and/or subscibe to http://www.youtube.com/user/MeguiarsUSA

P.S. No...I do work nor am I sponsored by Meguiars

But I should be sponsored.

No eating inside the car,no smoking, no drinking.....those are the rules to my car :) clean interior FTW!! everytime i wash the car, i clean the interior, vaccuum the floor and seats, and with those wipes clean the doors and dash etc :)

no matter what you do...being in puerto rico will always make it dirty

hey guys does anyone know how to clean cats' fur of the seats, I have two cats and their fur is all over my clothes and the seats.

I tried vacuming it but no luck ..

Try a lint roller, they actually do work.

This is actually a good write up. I need to invest in a portable vacuum cleaner to keep in my car, along with all the other cleaning products in my trunk.

Great write up! My only issue is with the black cloth interior some times i get white marks from people rubbing on the arm rest or the seats themselves. I cant get them back to the original black by vacuum. Is there anything i can use besides soapy water (dont want wet seats). I thought there used to be some sort of clay but cant find it for the life of me.