Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rockwood

Installing Cruise Control

60 posts in this topic

Is it possible to install original cruise control? For example as we all know Lancers have seat heating cables even you dont have buttons or correct seats. This is also valid for foglamps which I have installed later(The cables were there even I did not have foglight from factory default). So maybe installing cruise control switch and updating configuration from cars computer may be enough to install cruise control. Thank you.

So your car does not have cruise control, and you want cruise control? Is this what you are asking

I believe thats what he's saying, as I also dont have any cruise control but have the indicator for it in my dash.

I believe all the wires are there you jus have to buy the controls

thats weird i thought all the cars came with cruise control

Yes I do not have cruise control and I realy want. Actually I requested cruise control switch from a site and they replied as they can supply but they are not sure if it will work or not. Can anyone tell me please if there is a adjustment for cruise control when connected to computer in service? And are cruise control cables present even you dont have CC switches over steering wheel? So do you think cruise control work? Thanks.

it just might be too much trouble to get something like this added on and if you need a new steering wheel then it will be pricey

Noway

the cruise control switch which I will buy and install is the original one and will fit to original steering wheel. But the question in my mind is, will it work?

anyone has an idea on this? cuz i might be interested, i don't have one.

damn, so what the de dosetn have it?

yup

learn something new everyday... better off buying an evo x wheel from sum 1. they go for like 3

Is it possible to install original cruise control? For example as we all know Lancers have seat heating cables even you dont have buttons or correct seats. This is also valid for foglamps which I have installed later(The cables were there even I did not have foglight from factory default). So maybe installing cruise control switch and updating configuration from cars computer may be enough to install cruise control. Thank you.
Hi Rockwood,

I'm from singapore. I believe I was in the same situation as you one year back.

To answer your questions:

1) Yes, the wires for the cruise control switches are there, and the switch will light up at night in amber, nice.

2) No, it does not work as the cruise control system requires many feedback units installed at the throttle, brakes, CVT that were not installed.

3) I am not sure about stateside cars, if those control units were installed, then it may be possible to enable cruise control at the dealerships, provided they are willing.

The switch I installed now serves to balance the steering wheel visually... :) Looks nice even if it doesn't work (for now)

Cheers!

Thanks ZRS. So it is not easy to deal. I should get a 1.8L CVT which have cruise control. :( If you make any progress please let me know.

By the way is there an option about cruise control when ETACS-ECU connected to computer?

See u.

Ok here are my opinions about cruise control

You can find the service manual of Lancers in torrent sites. The one I found is missing 1.5liter models so I am not sure about the part 4 (below)

1)As we all know, the cables are right there. So there is no connection problem.

2)There are models with cruise control without CVT. So Continuous Variable Transmission is not a must have for having cruise control.

3)The throttle and brake pedals are connected to ECU unit. So in my opinion(as being an electrical and electronics engineer) there is no need for a feedback unit since all signals are transmitted and processed in ECU Note that cruise control is also connected to ECU. The ECU decides to throttle or brake or cancel the cruise control operation by processing the data.

4)So; if the ECU unit does not differ and all the Lancers have the same ECU hardware and the only difference is the installed software(I think the probability is very high) and also if there is an option for cruise control(installed or not installed) then there is no reason for curise control not to work.

Correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.

I have a How To now. I will post it up in a few ok.

Thanks Zero Cool. Waiting your how to guide. Thanks.

Ok here are my opinions about cruise control

You can find the service manual of Lancers in torrent sites. The one I found is missing 1.5liter models so I am not sure about the part 4 (below)

1)As we all know, the cables are right there. So there is no connection problem.

2)There are models with cruise control without CVT. So Continuous Variable Transmission is not a must have for having cruise control.

3)The throttle and brake pedals are connected to ECU unit. So in my opinion(as being an electrical and electronics engineer) there is no need for a feedback unit since all signals are transmitted and processed in ECU Note that cruise control is also connected to ECU. The ECU decides to throttle or brake or cancel the cruise control operation by processing the data.

4)So; if the ECU unit does not differ and all the Lancers have the same ECU hardware and the only difference is the installed software(I think the probability is very high) and also if there is an option for cruise control(installed or not installed) then there is no reason for curise control not to work.

Correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.

1 through 3 are correct. However #4 is not. We will get into that later. I need to see how your steering wheel looks.

I think it is possible that #4 is not correct, as you said. But I think it is worth to try and find out. Here is the picture;

11998083.jpg

Thanks again ZeroCool.

Thanx for pic. Before I start trying to explain to you, do you know about electrical stuff.

Heres 2 pics of whats underneath the silver cap. The wires do exist. Blue and green is the 2 wires for all the functions. You have to short the 2 wires which works as On/Off for auto cruise. This has been tested and the cruise text does show up on the dash after doing this. (Refer to the 3rd pic below)

IMAGE_488.jpg

IMAGE_491.jpg

IMAGE_490.jpg

Theres still more of a headache to overcome. Let me know if I may continue.

Yes of course I know electrical stuff(Electrical and Electronics Engineer :D), I would like you to continue but the thing I am curious is if I can enable cruise control or cant.

I will try that you mentioned above however; I think the cruise icon will not show of since cruise control is not enabled or does not supported. If it is the first case, then maybe I can enable it. But if it is not supported then there is nothing we can do about it, right?(I hope this is not the case) Anyway I would like you to continue. Thank you so much again.

By the way which pins did you short cutted? I could not get by looking the second picture or is there only 2 wires for the whole cruise control comminication.

Yes of course I know electrical stuff(Electrical and Electronics Engineer :D), I would like you to continue but the thing I am curious is if I can enable cruise control or cant.

I will try that you mentioned above however; I think the cruise icon will not show of since cruise control is not enabled or does not supported. If it is the first case, then maybe I can enable it. But if it is not supported then there is nothing we can do about it, right?(I hope this is not the case) Anyway I would like you to continue. Thank you so much again.

By the way which pins did you short cutted? I could not get by looking the second picture.

Basically you have first order the cap with the buttons first.

I will buy but it will take about 8 months(my frined will bring it).

So the blue and green cables need to be shorted and these are the only cables for cruise control right? Actually your information is great since I will go to service(it was closed because of the economic crysis but it will be reopened about 1 or 2 months) and check if I can enable cruise control. Then my firend in Japan will bring me the cap with the buttons.

I would like you to continue please.

I will buy but it will take about 8 months(my frined will bring it).

So the blue and green cables need to be shorted and these are the only cables for cruise control right? Actually your information is great since I will go to service(it was closed because of the economic crysis but it will be reopened about 1 or 2 months) and check if I can enable cruise control. Then my firend in Japan will bring me the cap with the buttons.

I would like you to continue please.

Check this out.

IMAGE_553-1.jpg

I can get the resistors value tomorrow. And you getting the cap is cool. My friend got it from taiwan.