Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rockwood

Installing Cruise Control

60 posts in this topic

I will buy but it will take about 8 months(my frined will bring it).

So the blue and green cables need to be shorted and these are the only cables for cruise control right? Actually your information is great since I will go to service(it was closed because of the economic crysis but it will be reopened about 1 or 2 months) and check if I can enable cruise control. Then my firend in Japan will bring me the cap with the buttons.

I would like you to continue please.

Check this out.

IMAGE_553-1.jpg

I can get the resistors value tomorrow. And you getting the cap is cool. My friend got it from taiwan.

You really ROCK. THANKS (d)

I will buy but it will take about 8 months(my frined will bring it).

So the blue and green cables need to be shorted and these are the only cables for cruise control right? Actually your information is great since I will go to service(it was closed because of the economic crysis but it will be reopened about 1 or 2 months) and check if I can enable cruise control. Then my firend in Japan will bring me the cap with the buttons.

I would like you to continue please.

Check this out.

IMAGE_553-1.jpg

I can get the resistors value tomorrow. And you getting the cap is cool. My friend got it from taiwan.

You really ROCK. THANKS (d)
Thanks bro, no problem. Always here to help.

Now for the problem. Apparently our brake switch is lacking 2 pins in a 4 wires socket, 2 pins [normally open] front barke light/P gear lever lock and the missing 2 pins [normally close] for auto cruise. without the 2 pins (circuit is open) means it is as if the barke is floored and hence the cruise can't be set.

Here are the pics that explain my last post.

IMAGE_600.jpg

IMAGE_559.jpg

IMAGE_597.jpg

So the trick is to close the 2 pinless wires by joining it. having done that, it means that when you press the brake and the circuit will always remain closed and it won't cancel while cruising!!!

Ok, thanks to you with your last post everything became more clear. but I have questions.

In your first picture, 2 for auto cruise( normally closed ), if there is no connection to pins (missing pins) then it is open circuit, so cruise control cant be set right? As you tested with shorting these to make cruise control work. So it should be 2 for auto cruise( normally closed ) must be normally open if I did not misunderstood.

If the 2 pins for auto cruise connected to brake pedal did not shorted then there is no way for cruise control work?

Short cut these two cables, and short cut cruise control cables( on the steering wheel ) after these modifications can cruise control be set on that Lancer?

Thanks again.

Ok, thanks to you with your last post everything became more clear. but I have questions.

In your first picture, 2 for auto cruise( normally closed ), if there is no connection to pins (missing pins) then it is open circuit, so cruise control cant be set right? As you tested with shorting these to make cruise control work. So it should be 2 for auto cruise( normally closed ) must be normally open if I did not misunderstood.

If the 2 pins for auto cruise connected to brake pedal did not shorted then there is no way for cruise control work?

Short cut these two cables, and short cut cruise control cables( on the steering wheel ) after these modifications can cruise control be set on that Lancer?

Thanks again.

You have to connect the pins in order to be able to cancel cruise with the brake.

So this trick is to cancel the cruise control when you brake, and I think it wont help me to make cruise control work for the begining.

So this trick is to cancel the cruise control when you brake, and I think it wont help me to make cruise control work for the begining.
In general, auto cruise is cancel by braking on standard equipped cars. Since you dont have it you need to do this method, if not you will not be able to cancel.

In general, auto cruise is cancel by braking on standard equipped cars. Since you dont have it you need to do this method, if not you will not be able to cancel.
Ok, so what is next that can be done to make cruise control work?

These shortcuts does not solve the problem entirely and I want to find a way to make cruise control work. Thanks.

Ok, so what is next that can be done to make cruise control work?

These shortcuts does not solve the problem entirely and I want to find a way to make cruise control work. Thanks.

What else do you need to know? It will work perfect the way I have instructed. Im just waiting on the numbers.

So with this trick you enabled cruise control of a Lancer which does not have cruise control(for example Lancer DE) by factory default?

So with this trick you enabled cruise control of a Lancer which does not have cruise control(for example Lancer DE) by factory default?
Yes sir but you have to get the panel with the buttons first. I know you told me that your friend is bringing it back for you. So youll be good. Let me just get those numbers for you ok.

Cool, thank you. Waiting for the numbers.

I think ZRS should try this. Since he had already installed cruise control buttons.

If I make cruise control work somehow, and change my tyres with quite ones, then I assume I will be driving my car about 10 years or more.:D(I hope so)

Here is the quite tyre list

www.stillerverkeer.nl/stillebanden/downloads/nationaal_bandenlijst.pdf

In page 8, the quetest tyres are sorted, and I will look for Yokohama AVS db V550 205/55 R16 94V. I think anyone who wants to make his car a little more queit, should check this list. Because 8db decrease is not a small amount since the scale is logaritmic.

Dude I just found the cruise cap for $64.84 usd. How much is it going to cost you??

68.34USD from

http://www.japanparts.com/db/partslist.php...key=364-028-001

I have requested item about 2 mounths ago and they gave me the link. Since it is an electronic equipment I cannt buy over internet, because it doesnot pass through customhouse. So my friend will come back form Japan 7 mounths later, I will wait for him:D

If you need any equipment you can ask them, they are very nice and helpfull. By the way thanks bro.

68.34USD from

http://www.japanparts.com/db/partslist.php...key=364-028-001

I have requested item about 2 mounths ago and they gave me the link. Since it is an electronic equipment I cannt buy over internet, because it doesnot pass through customhouse. So my friend will come back form Japan 7 mounths later, I will wait for him:D

If you need any equipment you can ask them, they are very nice and helpfull. By the way thanks bro.

Oh ok so your good then. Your welcome bro, anytime.

Ok while I was waiting for my cruise control swithes I made a background research

and found that;

Unfortunately it is technically defenitely not easy to install cruise

control afterwards. One aspect is that the ECU needs to be reprogrammed but

there is much more. In any case it is something we do not support from our

side. We regret therefore that we are unable to be of assistance in this

case.

from Mitsubishi.

By the way I also found that OEM cruise control won't work since there is no throttle cable in new Lancers.

So they tell that it is almost impossible to install? I need some help, info and courage. I also heard that someone managed to install cruise control somehow. I can't find him, so I have no idea how he managed then but I definitely want Cruise Control if it can be done. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Thanx for pic. Before I start trying to explain to you, do you know about electrical stuff.

Heres 2 pics of whats underneath the silver cap. The wires do exist. Blue and green is the 2 wires for all the functions. You have to short the 2 wires which works as On/Off for auto cruise. This has been tested and the cruise text does show up on the dash after doing this. (Refer to the 3rd pic below)

IMAGE_488.jpg

IMAGE_491.jpg

IMAGE_490.jpg

Theres still more of a headache to overcome. Let me know if I may continue.

how you take it out?

Ok while I was waiting for my cruise control swithes I made a background research and found that; Unfortunately it is technically defenitely not easy to install cruise control afterwards. One aspect is that the ECU needs to be reprogrammed but there is much more. In any case it is something we do not support from our side. We regret therefore that we are unable to be of assistance in this case. from Mitsubishi. By the way I also found that OEM cruise control won't work since there is no throttle cable in new Lancers. So they tell that it is almost impossible to install? I need some help, info and courage. I also heard that someone managed to install cruise control somehow. I can't find him, so I have no idea how he managed then but I definitely want Cruise Control if it can be done. Any help appreciated. Thanks.
Give me a few to look at my info. Dont believe them.

Thanx for pic. Before I start trying to explain to you, do you know about electrical stuff.

Heres 2 pics of whats underneath the silver cap. The wires do exist. Blue and green is the 2 wires for all the functions. You have to short the 2 wires which works as On/Off for auto cruise. This has been tested and the cruise text does show up on the dash after doing this. (Refer to the 3rd pic below)

IMAGE_488.jpg

IMAGE_491.jpg

IMAGE_490.jpg

Theres still more of a headache to overcome. Let me know if I may continue.

how you take it out?
Hello, I got my cruise control switches at last. I need to know how to remove the existing one, I can not see at all but there is a hole just under the steering wheel do I need a screwdriver?

Thanx for pic. Before I start trying to explain to you, do you know about electrical stuff. Heres 2 pics of whats underneath the silver cap. The wires do exist. Blue and green is the 2 wires for all the functions. You have to short the 2 wires which works as On/Off for auto cruise. This has been tested and the cruise text does show up on the dash after doing this. (Refer to the 3rd pic below) IMAGE_488.jpgIMAGE_491.jpgIMAGE_490.jpgTheres still more of a headache to overcome. Let me know if I may continue.
how you take it out?
Hello, I got my cruise control switches at last. I need to know how to remove the existing one, I can not see at all but there is a hole just under the steering wheel do I need a screwdriver?
:-bravo Congrats bro. Ill get that info asap.

Thanx for pic. Before I start trying to explain to you, do you know about electrical stuff. Heres 2 pics of whats underneath the silver cap. The wires do exist. Blue and green is the 2 wires for all the functions. You have to short the 2 wires which works as On/Off for auto cruise. This has been tested and the cruise text does show up on the dash after doing this. (Refer to the 3rd pic below) IMAGE_488.jpgIMAGE_491.jpgIMAGE_490.jpgTheres still more of a headache to overcome. Let me know if I may continue.
how you take it out?
:-bravo Congrats bro. Ill get that info asap.
So how is the process going? Waiting for your reply.

I have installed cruise control swithes. Now I have buttons on my steering wheel. But it is not working for now. I hope that somehow we can manage to make it work. Please any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

I have installed cruise control swithes. Now I have buttons on my steering wheel. But it is not working for now. I hope that somehow we can manage to make it work. Please any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
I would bet that you will need the dealer to make the final changes to the computer. Just like the bluetooth system, the cars computer system will need to be updated to recognize/activate the new buttons.

I would bet that you will need the dealer to make the final changes to the computer. Just like the bluetooth system, the cars computer system will need to be updated to recognize/activate the new buttons.
Actually the dealer has no idea how to make it work. They installed the buttons but I think I will have lots of headache to enable them.