Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rockwood

Installing Cruise Control

60 posts in this topic

Find a different dealer... they should be able to find it in the service manual...

I think you should have just bought a higher model, just like I should of just bought a GTS.

Actually you are right but when I bought the highest model was the one I bought. Later they brought an upper model but since the engine is bigger in that one, you need to pay higher taxes every year.(More than 2 times of my current vehicle I pay 500 US dolars each year)

Is there a cable on pin 95, 107 & 108 at the ECU socket?

There are cables on these pins however I asked the dealer and they told me that it is impossible to install cruise control. They told that at least I sould pay 12000$ for changing ECU, engine electronics(I did not understand what they mean with this) and some other stuff. Could this be true. Maybe I should stop trying to do.

But in my country Colt comes with cruise control with standard equipment and they are not installing it to a Lancer. Unlucky us who has 1.5 liter Lancers.

So with this trick you enabled cruise control of a Lancer which does not have cruise control(for example Lancer DE) by factory default?

Yes sir but you have to get the panel with the buttons first. I know you told me that your friend is bringing it back for you. So youll be good. Let me just get those numbers for you ok.

Hi Z3RO COOL,

Do you know that Rockwood solved the problem? I am in the same situation with him. I got a 2011 lancer sports sedan 1.6L just a week ago. It is really nice car. But lack of cruise control. Hence I am willing to install this option to my car. I am able to obtain an original brake switch from the market and the cap from a used part seller. For the later one I am interested to buy a 2010 Colt cruise control switch. What do your think? And do you have the elecrical circuit diagram or service manual including the wiring diagram of Lancer?

BR

ok this is a bit off topic but theres cables for fogs even if we dont have fogs?

ok this is a bit off topic but theres cables for fogs even if we dont have fogs?

I do not know about fog lights. But, probably they are in place. Just you need to check it!

There are cables on these pins however I asked the dealer and they told me that it is impossible to install cruise control. They told that at least I sould pay 12000$ for changing ECU, engine electronics(I did not understand what they mean with this) and some other stuff. Could this be true. Maybe I should stop trying to do.

But in my country Colt comes with cruise control with standard equipment and they are not installing it to a Lancer. Unlucky us who has 1.5 liter Lancers.

Do not worry Rocwood, 1.6L Lancer owners are in same situation.BR

I wonder if there are any good news about installing the Cruise control? I am also searching in Turkiye to make it happen