NULL

Official Exhaust Video Thread

158 posts in this topic

Well Here is my exhaust is completely custom and only has one resonator. The muffler is a SP2 Greddy Is the one that use Eclipse Turbo ETC. It was custom build on it to look just like is the OEM and have a aggressive look at the same time. Is quiet on Idle and sound damn strong when is under acceleration. Hope you like it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1I1ynXKlhU

I bet that thing sounds better in person. :)

I bet that thing sounds better in person. :)
It has a very agressive sound everytime that i push it... Gotta love it!!! thats why I waste so much gas haha always pushing it to here it (l)

Sounds good Miguel.

I do not own yet but will soon. There have been people asking about the sound of the Borla exhaust for the Lancer since very few have it. So here are some vids. Props go to ilanstylz over at 9G

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v682/ilanstylz/?action=view&current=video-2010-06-15-16-38-40.mp4

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v682/ilanstylz/?action=view&current=video-2010-06-15-16-41-10.mp4

Shaun i cant wait for you to get that exhaust (if you choose to). It sounds so much better than the Tsudo that you have now plus it doesnt have this huge arse tip that makes it look weird like your tsudo :P

here is my custom header & exhaust (by local shop) with greddy TI-C muffler

here is my custom header & exhaust (by local shop) with greddy TI-C muffler

i like that...i need headers :woot_jump:

i didnt know lancers can make that much smoke lol

Yea I kinda got a little carried away haha.

i havent been on here in a while but i want to Re-Do my exhaust and i was wondering if your going the CUSTOM WAY what would be the best size in piping i should do?? i did mine a couple of months ago and i did not like it i dont know if its the muffler or just did wrong pipe size.. the guy at the muffler shop suggested i should do 2.25 size in pipes and i did the whole cat-back it doesnt sound bad but when i first started like on a cold start it sounds ricey like a weird noise but once it gets going it stops can anyone help me out with this.. is it the piping, or could it be the muffler i was told it was a jdm muffler similar to HKS, Apexi but neither one of those brands..

thx the quality is weak it was my *mytouch 3g* so yea but its not that bad lol

so im looking at getting the Injen axel back Exhaust, because from the ONLY video i found of it on a 2.0 lancer, it seems to sound pretty smooth and deep for a 2.0 and it isnt SUPER loud. but the video i saw wasnt very good quality, could somebody maybe make a good quality video of that exhaust on a 2.0 lancer please? thank you!

also, would headers add a deeper sound? or would it make it louder and more ricey?

anyone has just there resonator removed?

ill post mine maybe next week, i got videos but lots of friends are talking in the background so ill try to make a clean video this weekend

setup 2.5 inch pipe + 24 inch resonator then 2.5 inch pipe + 24 inch resonator + greddy SE it really sounds great the midpipe gained 8 whp after tuning :woot_jump:

Borla Turbo XL, eliminated one resonator and increased to 2.5" piping to muffler.

Please don't take offense to this but most of these sound like mufflers you can buy at a flea market. The hks sounds almost bearable. Stock sounds the best to me. The cost and the look make the payoff SO not worth it.

Please don't take offense to this but most of these sound like mufflers you can buy at a flea market. The hks sounds almost bearable. Stock sounds the best to me. The cost and the look make the payoff SO not worth it.

Stock doesnt have any sound that is noticeable...

Stock doesnt have any sound that is noticeable...

EXACTLY. I mean, you pay $400-$600 bucks (more if you don't install it yourself) for a catback exhaust system to get maybe 5 hp increase? Ok, you couple that with an intake and get another 5hp? So now you/ve spent $800-$1000 bucks on a noisey exhaust and an intake and you have 10 more hp than the other guy??? Now you have a noiser Lancer that most people can't tell the sound difference between a '98 riced out Civic.

One step further and I will stop my rant. You buy a lip/body kit, HIDs, coilovers, rims, tires and whatever else you can throw your money at - now your in the hole for at least $2K (probably more like $3K).You should have saved your pennies for a Ralliart becasue that's all you want your Lancer ES/GTS to be anyway - a Ralliart. Instead, you have a Ralliart wanna-be and you have ~60 less hp. I'm just saying...

EXACTLY. I mean, you pay $400-$600 bucks (more if you don't install it yourself) for a catback exhaust system to get maybe 5 hp increase? Ok, you couple that with an intake and get another 5hp? So now you/ve spent $800-$1000 bucks on a noisey exhaust and an intake and you have 10 more hp than the other guy??? Now you have a noiser Lancer that most people can't tell the sound difference between a '98 riced out Civic.

One step further and I will stop my rant. You buy a lip/body kit, HIDs, coilovers, rims, tires and whatever else you can throw your money at - now your in the hole for at least $2K (probably more like $3K).You should have saved your pennies for a Ralliart becasue that's all you want your Lancer ES/GTS to be anyway - a Ralliart. Instead, you have a Ralliart wanna-be and you have ~60 less hp. I'm just saying...

lebowski-2.jpg

Honestly bro, its just a matter of opinion. If you think all exhaust sound rice, thats good for you. My exhaust doesnt sound like no 98 riced out Civic, i can guarantee you. Of course, my exhaust isnt 400$. But still, ive heard some of the exhausts in person, and they dont sound like that either. The horsepower thing is a thing of PROGRESSION. Nothing you get for 50$ will get you hundreds of horsepower, mods cost money. The better the output, the more it costs. Its logic.

But here is where your logic fails. With $3k spent on exterior mods, a regular DE or even a GTS will NOT look like a Ralliart, not only that, but it still wont amount to the difference between the Ralliarts and Lancer models. I know this, because i modded my lancer like crazy. And i didnt amount to the price of a Ralliart. Not only that, when i had the car, Ralliarts wouldnt have shown up for another 2 years. Also, my car looked, IMO, BETTER than a Ralliart. I cant stand the front ends of Ralliarts. But we come down to the point i made, ITS ABOUT OPINIONS.

Dont come to a thread about exhausts and bash peoples choices of mods. This is a thread about exhausts, what they sound like, and where to get them. If you hate all exhausts, thats your opinion. I dont see the need to A. make your next post in big fat bold letters and B. start bashing people who like to mod their cars.