Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason

Turn Signals/Hazards Not Working - Help!

7 posts in this topic

Ok, so here's the deal. I installed my neons and tapped into the hazard light fuse.

However, I upgraded to LEDs and decided to tap into the cig lighter fuse instead.

Now my turn signals and hazards don't work!

I've tried replacing the fuse for the hazards already and that still didn't work....

The turn signal lights on the dash don't even work either...

Do you think someone at AutoZone could help me out with this? I really don't want drive 20 miles to the dealer...

EDIT: Just found out this isn't a fuse problem... I tapped back into the hazard fuse and the LEDs will turn on... -sigh- What could be wrong here?

how did you tap into them, easy splice connector?

No, I just used a fuse tap from AutoZone...

Like this:

idk how those work so im not sure

It works exactly like this:

bp-hhh_MED.jpg

You just plug it in where the old fuse was.

Well i know this isn't a help but I wouldn't have tapped the hazard fuse to begin with...

What I think may have happened though is this...

That first fuse tap actually adds to the thickness of the male prong on the fuse, which probably expanded/bent open the female slot in the fuse box to the point a normal fuse male tip is sitting loosely in one of the female slots and not getting a connection.

You could probably with a small pin or jewel maker's tool (the really thin screwdrivers) and bend it back to make it a smaller gap. Just make sure not to cross the 2 female slots with the metal of whatever tool you are using (unplug battery).

That's why I don't like that first type you posted, and prefer the 2nd type you show.

Wow dude, that actually worked.

+Rep

I'd give you more rep if I could.

You have no idea how much I was freaking out... You might have just saved me from a voided warranty!