ddawg1130

How Fast have you pushed it

322 posts in this topic

Aright,

Not to promote speeding, but was on my way back from a strip club at like 2am. I'm on a business trip in Peoria, IL. which is basically in the middle of no-where. So I'm all alon on the highway, its straight as balls. I'm curious. So i floored it and got it up to 100, before getting a bit nervous about getting a ticket. Anyway, first time i hit 100 in a car. Got my nerve back and floored it till i hit 110, it was awesome. Probably could have hit 120-130 if i had kept my foot down. The road was completely flat and there was hardly any wind.

All i can say is this car kicks ass, because it rode smoother and felt more stable at 110 then my F****** ford taurus felt at 70.

Oh, and its cool cause once you hit 80, the car like gets a second wind. I mean I've noticed that this car accelerates better from like 40/50 to 70/80. but i was quite suprised at how easy it was to go from 80 to 100.

Anyway, curious what other people have pushed it to.

Dont have a lancer yet but toped out my eclipse at about 120 damn governor gotta yank that off fastest in a car maybe around 160

115 in a straightaway in front of Western Carolina University, owning a suzuki aerio, and then 110 the other night with a slobalt.

good times. B)

really?? i don't have my lancer yet, but i'm surprised that these top speeds aren't as high as i thought. to put it into perspective i once went 110mph in my '91 accord a/t.

that's with 4speed, 120hp, 3000lbs 15 year old family car.

are you guys running out of road? how much faster does the car feel like it can go?

these days i wouldn't try that again... where i live, if you're found going 30mph over the limit they take your licence and your car away.

I've gotten the car well over 125 several times on G.W. Bush & The Dallas North Tollway here in Dallas. Its got a nice long straight with a gradual decline. It is always an easy jump from 80 to 100. I've never been able to gun her all the way down the straight without having my radar go off or having to exit. The highway patrol on G.W. Bush are no joke, they have a combination of Corvettes & Chargers which I'm sad to say I will not be able to out run. But I'm sure with once I install my Intake and Exhaust she would top out the speedometer easy. I can also tell you this, you can literally go from 110 down to 60 in a matter of 3-4 seconds, which I've tested just cause its so F***ing fun

:) Thats without the car slipping or skidding also

:P Oh and DDawg is correct when it comes to the performance in the car at high speeds, I dont know if anyone has been to Dallas and been on any of our many Toll Roads but they twist and turn like a bat out of hell. I've raced many cars that are way out of my class when it comes to straight line drags and this car will take most cars through a course with ease. I'm gonna find a good picture of the road I consider The Dallas Autobahn!

on our way back from miami i got past 115 but not 120 you know, that middle spot... its fun... nw i cant go passed 70 without thinking about one of my bald tires popping

:(

I've only pushed it up to 120 kph, like some of said this car is so smooooth at high speeds, this car goes...... when you want it too, i luv it!

I was "cruising" way ahead of a mustang in my Evo doing 140. Man, what a rush.

:D

I got mine to about 115. It had some pedal left. I had to slow down cuz I was comin up on some traffic.

127 i got it to coming out from a bend i dropped her in third and wile comin out jus gave her gas shifted into fourth and it was all straight from there my brother flew by me on hiis 2008 cbr 600 doin about 165

a slobalt.

LMFAO!!!

been to 125mph many times!!!

how much is 120 miels per hour? cuz ive been up to 190 kms per hour..

Im about 99% sure that the CVTs top out at 120mph. Thats as fast as i've gone, a co-worker with a cvt, and ive heard it from a few other cvt owners.

i have hit 210 kmph and it felt like i could have burried the needle but ran out of room

around 135mph the little screen will appear and say to slow down which mean cvt temp is high

around 135mph the little screen will appear and say to slow down which mean cvt temp is high

wow.. he's alive!!!!!!!!!

i thought he got lost in japan...

............ still waiting on all the info and pics from japan :rolleyes:

Well, fastest I've done was 210kmh (130mph) on the highway.

Weapon at the time was a 2001 Proton Satria GTi 1.8L (4G93 engine)

My 2008 Lancer - max speed - 80kmh (50mph) lol

EDIT: wtf... just realised i wrote 80kmh, max speed... LOL!!! actually, i've done 160kmh (100mph) max with the lancer. major typo.

80mph! lol

Still have to push it some time. She's still just a baby though. :)

ive hit over the numbers on my speedometer,so its more than 220,my GPS was telling me 227 kmh (on a slight downward slope)

do we have a governor??

120mph and rode strong.

On te way to Hot Import Nights in Miami i averaged 95mph and topped at 112mph... thats what my gps says