Ektor

HOW TO: Remove Shift Knob CVT

42 posts in this topic

Only for 2008-2010 models. 2011 models are now equipped with a screw-on shift knob.

FINALLY!!!!

Our friend Phil (KRU) figured out how to remove our shift knobs... its a really easy process, and i am going to try whenever i am done posting this :D

here it goes...

I dont know for the manual trans.

MomoaccessoriesforLancer012.jpg

MomoaccessoriesforLancer013.jpg

The silver collar on the bottom of the shift knob is just clipped on, but very well. You pull straight dwn using a lil elbow grease

MomoaccessoriesforLancer029.jpg

Once removed, there is a metal retainer sleeve that the Knob slide over and locks into place.

There will b 2 tabs that you will need to depress in order to slide knob up.

MomoaccessoriesforLancer028.jpg

once you have the knob off, you will c how the metal sleeve locks into place. you can use pliers to turn the sleeve 90 degrees and pull up.

Final Results

MomoaccessoriesforLancer017.jpg

MomoaccessoriesforLancer020.jpg

the momo knob you can get them in ebay...

here you go guys... enjoy! :rolleyes:

Edited by jRox

yesss thanx bro....got my self a blk/crm shift knob matches perfect with the interior

nice write up...took me really long to get that initial bottom piece off...I ended up grabbing it really tight with one hang..and with my other hand , hit my other hand really hard like a hammer...came off in one shot....after that it was cake

I might go ahead and try this, is it hard to pull the silverthing down?

I got the Silver Sleeve off.... but... im having trouble romoving the knob itself... are the tabs the little metal things in the plastic squares on the shifter? Please Help!

It is a pain in the neck... i needed an extra person to do it... you need 2 sharp things to insert in the lil squares... while you are pressing hard those 2 tabs, someone else has to pull really hard up.... took a lil bit, but i got it out... keep us posted!

I just got back in, thanks for the support on this... I got it off along with the metal sleeving. Thanks Alot! Next step is to install a shift boot..... Would you know howto get the console apart so that i can remove the shift patern Panel?

the 2 tabs are all the way on the bottom....it looks like there are 2 tabs on top...but those are not tabs....got 2 small thin screw drivers and ur set...one person needed

sry i jsut have a question. im new to these mods. i have a cvt um is there special shift knobs u have to buy or any will work liek even manual shifts knobs

um pretty much any knob should work. Any with Allen Screws to hold it on will work with the CVT Shifter.

It is a pain in the neck... i needed an extra person to do it... you need 2 sharp things to insert in the lil squares... while you are pressing hard those 2 tabs, someone else has to pull really hard up.... took a lil bit, but i got it out... keep us posted!

So you'll keep yourself posted since you posted this. (l) (l)

So you'll keep yourself posted since you posted this. (l) (l)

(l) (l) (l) (l) (l) (l) (l)

hey..everytime i go to install my new shifter(momo combat evo) i cant seem to get it right it keeps spinning around..anyone got any advice

did you tighten the set screws and did you use the spacers to make it fit snug

its just so it doesn't wiggle

its just so it doesn't wiggle

mine doesnt wiggle :)

in the pictures on the how-to all of a suddent the silver plastic thing is gone, haha how'd he take it off? after you pull down the silver plastic thing. what exactly do you do after that?? i mean well it looks like you just pulled it up.. is that what you did ? please and thank you...

in the pictures on the how-to all of a suddent the silver plastic thing is gone, haha how'd he take it off? after you pull down the silver plastic thing. what exactly do you do after that?? i mean well it looks like you just pulled it up.. is that what you did ? please and thank you...
I second that.

man that thing is difficult, so glad i have the m/t

so nobody knows how the hell this silver piece just magically came off when assembling the cvt shift knob?