fiftytwelve

Fiftytwelve's Gts (Update: 05/22/15)

239 posts in this topic

Never got to add pictures I posted long time ago to my build thread. I just realized how i miss driving my car on coils. I'm now back on tein s tech springs and removed my front lip again. Sold my coilovers because of how bald my tires got that I was in immediate need for new ones. I'm getting a real bad itch to buy a set of coilovers again though. We'll see how long that lasts

8832170020_e53729975a_c.jpg

8832170572_0c6f828752_c.jpg

8832171200_2a135c6e76_c.jpg

8832169462_279b242f27_c.jpg

8832171850_0e04600626_c.jpg

1a18ce16fc4411e2a0a022000a1f968b_7.jpg

jealousy.

jealousy.

hah, you shouldnt be jealous. ain't nothing but looking stock lol

hah, you shouldnt be jealous. ain't nothing but looking stock lol

Just so clean, very classy with drop and is that just lip or bumper? How is your 7in screen? I used to rock the appradio 2 with unchained for full mirroring and it was great except unreliable connections and such, and required use of HDMI cable or dongle. Been through nex7 behind dash to now made dock for my phone there... Just can't get right.

Just so clean, very classy with drop and is that just lip or bumper? How is your 7in screen? I used to rock the appradio 2 with unchained for full mirroring and it was great except unreliable connections and such, and required use of HDMI cable or dongle. Been through nex7 behind dash to now made dock for my phone there... Just can't get right.

appreciate the kind word. it's just a front lip. as far as the 7in screen goes, everything works just fine, except youtube and any other apps that have DRM contents wont work unless i activate a hotspot i believe which i currently refuse to do so. i have no reason to pay extra for such thing. but i mostly use it for pandora or waze/google maps. i thought about installing a nexus into my dash, but again, i would have to have a hotspot available to have that thing be useful. it is still in the works just like the same situation you are in. lol

Ok will wait to see what happens

ok, so i just checked the fabric in my car earlier during lunch to see how the adhesive is doing and i must say that it works much much better now.

http://3mauto.com/3m-headliner-fabric-adhesive-38808.html#

38808_main_copy.jpg

it isnt cheap though as they run at $18.99, but i guess its worth buying it. just make sure you follow the instruction

i also want to note to you that the type of material i used is a marine/commercial grade fabric hence using the more heavy duty graded adhesive. if you're gonna use something lighter/thinner, then maybe the 3m super 77 with light coats would suffice.

ok, so i just checked the fabric in my car earlier during lunch to see how the adhesive is doing and i must say that it works much much better now.

http://3mauto.com/3m-headliner-fabric-adhesive-38808.html#

38808_main_copy.jpg

it isnt cheap though as they run at $18.99, but i guess its worth buying it. just make sure you follow the instruction

i also want to note to you that the type of material i used is a marine/commercial grade fabric hence using the more heavy duty graded adhesive. if you're gonna use something lighter/thinner, then maybe the 3m super 77 with light coats would suffice.

Sweet thanks. I haven't quite decided what I want to do with it yet but when i do I will use it. What did you use to get old one off?

Sweet thanks. I haven't quite decided what I want to do with it yet but when i do I will use it. What did you use to get old one off?

to get old glue off? i didn't do anything, i kept it on and sprayed over with the new one. i do advise to remove the old one out. not sure how though

to get old glue off? i didn't do anything, i kept it off and sprayed over with the new one. i do advise to remove the old one out. not sure how though

Ok. A friend of mine here did the same. I will ask him what he did to get it off.

well, here it is. not 100% happy yet. still needs a good detailing/polish as the last thing done to it was a just wet sand. i need to go lower or i just need to get wheels.

4972a53b-442a-423d-a073-2c2f36bd146e.jpg

next thing i'm working on now is adding an android OS to my custom in-dash. also a priority that came up is adding an alarm system as i've been told by a neighbor he caught a teenager/young adult peeking/scanning inside my car through my windows for a good while. word has it that there was a recent robbery in our neighborhood, so i'm a little bit paranoid right now.

I've always love the simplicity and cleanliness you've kept your Lancer at! And the pictures aside from that most recent one are amazing! I would get that alarm set up ASAP and prevent any kind of break in! Maybe purchase a security camera also to keep an eye on it!

well, here it is. not 100% happy yet. still needs a good detailing/polish as the last thing done to it was a just wet sand. i need to go lower or i just need to get wheels.

4972a53b-442a-423d-a073-2c2f36bd146e.jpg

next thing i'm working on now is adding an android OS to my custom in-dash. also a priority that came up is adding an alarm system as i've been told by a neighbor he caught a teenager/young adult peeking/scanning inside my car through my windows for a good while. word has it that there was a recent robbery in our neighborhood, so i'm a little bit paranoid right now.

where did you get that front lip? and hows the fitment? car is very simple but really well done! i miss my coilovers :(

I've always love the simplicity and cleanliness you've kept your Lancer at! And the pictures aside from that most recent one are amazing! I would get that alarm set up ASAP and prevent any kind of break in! Maybe purchase a security camera also to keep an eye on it!

thanks josh! always appreciate your compliments. yeah, i wanna get a viper alarm just so that i can sleep better. it'll be definitely my next to do on the list.

Did you ever get that acura??

unfortunately no not yet. i will eventually. i decided to keep the lancer for a while. i had just paid it off last year and having no payments feels pretty good. plus i have a rent to pay now. but it'll come. lol

where did you get that front lip? and hows the fitment? car is very simple but really well done! i miss my coilovers :(

its the ARS hl1 front lip. but i just modified it to close the vents that were in the middle. it was made in malaysia and was lucky enough to get them for cheap back in the day. nowadays theyre really expensive to acquire due to the oversized shipping price. you can look up ARS-Bodykits as that is a company who produced that lip. thanks for the compliment. yeah, i couldn't stay off the coilovers after a year i sold my ksports. now i'm on d2's lol. i actually remember you having coilovers until you had already sold it. you itching to get it again? lol

thanks josh! always appreciate your compliments. yeah, i wanna get a viper alarm just so that i can sleep better. it'll be definitely my next to do on the list.

unfortunately no not yet. i will eventually. i decided to keep the lancer for a while. i had just paid it off last year and having no payments feels pretty good. plus i have a rent to pay now. but it'll come. lol

its the ARS hl1 front lip. but i just modified it to close the vents that were in the middle. it was made in malaysia and was lucky enough to get them for cheap back in the day. nowadays theyre really expensive to acquire due to the oversized shipping price. you can look up ARS-Bodykits as that is a company who produced that lip. thanks for the compliment. yeah, i couldn't stay off the coilovers after a year i sold my ksports. now i'm on d2's lol. i actually remember you having coilovers until you had already sold it. you itching to get it again? lol

thanks brother! i want to but i settled for springs :( just bought a house so no money for the car. and i probably will just keep it oem ish till i save for a proj car again. cant wait to see your new wheels! :thumbsup: