Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Phoenix

Aussie Warranty (for Tuning/mods) Info

14 posts in this topic

hi all! Just back from Mitsubishi Parts and Service center in NSW, Australia. I've got some very important information (for Australians specifically) regarding warranty issues etc for tuning or mods that you might be interested in fitting.

First of all, ALL the current mods, which include Injen Cool Air Intake, Greddy Exhaust Kit, NGK Iridium Spark plugs, and Springs are all cool! With no effect on the warranty.

What the service guy told me, as long as the original air/fuel sensors are used, it's all good.

As for springs, he said it *may* affect the suspension if there was any issues with the shocks in general. But other then that, it depends on the brands and fitment. I asked about TEIN, and he confirmed 100% that they have made for Mitsubishi in the past and it would be acceptable, with no problems. Not sure about Works or others though.

ECU UPDATES - The ECU was updated with the lastest firmware for December 2007 etc, as the technician told me. Engine efficiency should be even better now! Sweet!

OIL - Oil is confirmed to be Semi-Synthetic in Australia.

Optional service is at 7,500KM. Normal Interval is at 15,000KM. But screw that, I'll do it at 5,000KM...lol

Cheers everyone.

Very good info... Pinned :)

I will add more about the Warranty's and add it here then sticky it thanks for the info

I will add more about the Warranty's and add it here then sticky it thanks for the info

no probs buddy, glad I could help! awesome news though, now I dont have to worry about anything at all! I forgot to ask about HID's though, if I were to swap the originals for HID. I'll call them up on Monday.

I bought my car in october, so that means they should have a new ecu firmware for me at the dealership?

I bought my car in october, so that means they should have a new ecu firmware for me at the dealership?

I guess they should. Call the service center up and ask em. Should be a free update. I bought mine in November, and it was updated, so I guess yours would surely have an update available. :)

They took pretty long with my car, I dropped it off at 9:30am, and there was absolutely NO car's waiting there. My car was only ready at 2:00pm! Just something to note. ^_^

good info bro. I am going to have to check this out!

:D

thanks mate....ordering new intake system soon and was also wondering if it would void the warranty. Down in melb

:)

not unless its the direct cause of the problem

Yes as it has been said before, it has to be the root cause of the problem

are there any known or common problems which is caused by the intake (using factory sensor) that would void the warranty?

Depends on which intake you are looking at. The major problem with CAI is getting water through the engine.

hi all! Just back from Mitsubishi Parts and Service center in NSW, Australia. I've got some very important information (for Australians specifically) regarding warranty issues etc for tuning or mods that you might be interested in fitting.

First of all, ALL the current mods, which include Injen Cool Air Intake, Greddy Exhaust Kit, NGK Iridium Spark plugs, and Springs are all cool! With no effect on the warranty.

What the service guy told me, as long as the original air/fuel sensors are used, it's all good.

As for springs, he said it *may* affect the suspension if there was any issues with the shocks in general. But other then that, it depends on the brands and fitment. I asked about TEIN, and he confirmed 100% that they have made for Mitsubishi in the past and it would be acceptable, with no problems. Not sure about Works or others though.

ECU UPDATES - The ECU was updated with the lastest firmware for December 2007 etc, as the technician told me. Engine efficiency should be even better now! Sweet!

Optional service is at 7,500KM. Normal Interval is at 15,000KM. But screw that, I'll do it at 5,000KM...lol

Cheers everyone.

hi i am in parkes NSW where is the service centre of Mitsubishi tell me as i am frm singapore staying at parkes for hoilday :D pls advise need to check wif Mitsubishi Techicans some related issue for GTS model

Cheers everyone.

hi i am in parkes NSW where is the service centre of Mitsubishi tell me as i am frm singapore staying at parkes for hoilday :D pls advise need to check wif Mitsubishi Techicans some related issue for GTS model
lol, mitsubishi technicians? haha... good luck. according to them the evo x hood doesnt fit the lancer... :D

oh thats good, good thing it does