Extreme Dimensions

Welcome to Project Lancer

Welcome to Project Lancer, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Project Lancer by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Join Now

Forgot your password? Not to worry just click on the link below.

Lost Password

Having Technical issues? Please contact the staff here at Project Lancer and let us know whats wrong.

admin@projectlancer.net

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Tranny Swap

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Chris.EsLancer09

Chris.EsLancer09

Lurker

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Car:Octane Blue Lancer 09 ES Sport

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:23 AM

Ive been really debating lately what to do and I believe I wanna do and a tranny swap to a standard , I'm just not getting fun out of a automatic transmisson and if i continue to mod out my car it only fits it if i do. So does anybody know how much the standard tranny by itself would cost cause ill prolly end up doing the rest myself sense im pretty handy and what else id have to do to convert it to standard. Also while I'm at it any additional mods. Also does anyone know anything about rear wheel conversion? Information much appreciated.

#2 newemi

newemi

Elite

• Lifetime Member
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:54 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 matchstick

matchstick

• Supporting Member
  • 771 posts
  • Car:2008 Lancer GTS Aqua

Posted 31 March 2011 - 11:53 AM

Would be cheaper to just trade it in for a Ralliart.
VTEC - Sometimes you need a catchy word to let the world know your car doesn't make power until 5000 RPM.
Posted Image

#4 JOSH

JOSH

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Car:2008 Lancer GTS

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:59 PM

i agree with matchstick.....its gonna cost alot
Mods
Blacked out front bumper
liliput Touchscreen
3.4 ghz, 2gig ram, computer running centrafuse
Infinity speakers in doors
2 Memphis 12s
1000 watt amp for subs
600 watt amp for doors
Slimline LED interior lightbar (front)
Slimline LED interior lightbar (back)
2 pro series strobes in grill
2 pro series strobes in taillights
Injen Cold air intake
painted Calipers
Aftermarket Rims
Full custom exhaust with glass pack (res delete)
Eibach Sportline springs
KYB struts
Slotted and drilled rotors
Semi-metallic brakes
DRLs Switched to Fogs
HID 6000K Headlights
RRM Header
RRM Pulley (no issues so far)

#5 Bladed

Bladed

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • Car:2008 Lancer GTS CVT

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:17 PM

Transmission ranges in price from $750 up to about $1500 for a standard 5speed Lancer transmission. I think the easiest way for RWD would be to swap over everything drivetrain related from a ralliart (Rear subframe, axles, differential, arms, ect. and front of the same stuff too). The transmission should bolt right up since the X and the Ralliart both use the same TCSST transmission, same bolt patterns and allocated space from the 5speed. The Ralliart and Lancer have the same frame/ chasis and track width, so everything should bolt right up under the car. You might have to cut and raise the bottom end of the trunk to get the rear differential to fit. Take off all the sensors, and replace the differential's output assembly with one that leaves out the splines to drive the front wheels and cap the output holes in the transfer case. Then you should have a RWD Lancer

I'm thinking about doing this but I'm not sure if the ralliart rear parts would be strong enough to handle 100% of the power. As soon as I find that out and find a way to get a custom bell housing to match the 6G75 and 5speed evo x gsr transmission together (I'll probably use the 6speed tranny from an Eclipse if the engine mounts differently), I'll start progress on doing this build. I also need to find a recked ralliart that I can take parts from and a Evo X GSR transmission, those are the hardest things to find.

Total cost (not including labor) would probably be around $4,500, maybe slightly more for random misc. parts (Or if you get parts from an expenwive junkyard). Honestly, it might be easier to do an AWD swap than a RWD swap, even-though you'd essentially use the same parts.
[X] Injen CAI 2.0L , [X] Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust , [X]Mishimoto Evo X Radiator , [X] Mishimoto Evo X silicone hose kit (blue) ,[X] High flow Water Pump
[ ] Alutec RPW Crank Pulley , [ ] Headers (RPW or DC Sports) , [ ] RPW ECU Reflash Tune
[X] VLED Super Bright White Dome and License Plats Lights, [X] White Cold Cathode tubes in footwells, [X] PlastiDip Blacked out front bumper
[ ] TSW Nurburgring RF 18x8 Matte Gunmetal Rims

#6 furyschild

furyschild

Elite

• Banned
  • 1,161 posts
  • Car:2008 Lancer Gts WW

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:52 PM

Transmission ranges in price from $750 up to about $1500 for a standard 5speed Lancer transmission. I think the easiest way for RWD would be to swap over everything drivetrain related from a ralliart (Rear subframe, axles, differential, arms, ect. and front of the same stuff too). The transmission should bolt right up since the X and the Ralliart both use the same TCSST transmission, same bolt patterns and allocated space from the 5speed. The Ralliart and Lancer have the same frame/ chasis and track width, so everything should bolt right up under the car. You might have to cut and raise the bottom end of the trunk to get the rear differential to fit. Take off all the sensors, and replace the differential's output assembly with one that leaves out the splines to drive the front wheels and cap the output holes in the transfer case. Then you should have a RWD Lancer

You could actually swap it all from a ralliart , the truck floor need not be raised for diff. , It would need be raised for the muffler ( found this out when putting RA muffler on my Gts ) , but relocating muffler hangers cures that .
Diff is located in rear subframe and thats just a direct swap for ours.

I've been reseaching this quietly for awhile , waiting to find donor RA , have money just waiting to find one cheap that isn't totally smashed up. Last one i found went for $12,600 at auction.
2008 Wicked White Lancer Gts , Evo X hood , Ralliart rear bumper and exhaust , K&N filter , 215/45/18 Pirreli P-Zero Neros , Tinted glass 5% rear , moleskins , 3-d Eyelids,Mitsubishi seat towels ,Alutec Lightweight Balanced Crank Pulley , RalliArt Intake Duct , RalliArt pedal covers , Leather center console armrest , 2011 Evo X 8000k HID Projector Headlights, more to be done ....

http://9glancers.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users