Welcome to Project Lancer

Welcome to Project Lancer, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Project Lancer by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Join Now

Forgot your password? Not to worry just click on the link below.

Lost Password

Having Technical issues? Please contact the staff here at Project Lancer and let us know whats wrong.

admin@projectlancer.net

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Hella Horn / How To Install (Without Relays)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MROSA91

MROSA91

• Supporting Member
  • 474 posts
  • Car:2011 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS
  • ROTM :Oct 2013

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:56 PM

A lot of people have been asking me how I installed my Hella horns so here's a quick little how to!

So first off, make sure you buy real Hella's. The ebay ones sound like garbage. What you'll need is some 16-18 guage wire. Whatever you prefer and you'll also need some male and female connectors like these.

Female
females_zps1b27c3f8.jpg
Male
male_zpseb1c6fbf.jpg

Also, if you've read up on these before, everyone says you need a relay to wire them correctly or you'll "blow a fuse" Wrong, I've had mine in for a good 5 months. I use them all the time and dont have any problems.

Okay so for the first horn, It is located behind the grill next to the Mitsubishi emblem. This is for the driver side. Disconnect the wire from the stock horn and take the horn out. For the driver side, you'll only need to make a 1-2 feet negative wire. I always add an extra foot incase you want more wiring for some reason. You can either mount the horn first then wire it or wire it first then mount it. I find it easier to wire it first. Thats another good reason for extra wire. Plug in the stock positive wire onto the new hella horn positive terminal then with the negative wire you make, you plug that into the other negative terminal on the horn then ground it. Your done with the driver side. With the passenger side you'll need to make a 2-3 feet positive wire. The second horn is located behind the bumper near the passenger fog light. You can see it if you take your radiator cover off and look down. You can't miss it. I left my stock horn in there since you can't really see it but with this one, unplug the stock positive wire. Make a newer one about 2-3 feet this way you can run it towards the grill if your mounting it the way I did. plug in the positive wire you made into the stock positive wire. Once you have your second horn mounted, plug in the new positive wire into the positive terminal. Once again, you'll need to make a 1-2 feet positive wire. Once you have that made, plug it in and ground it. The stock horns have one terminal and the Hellas have two. And thats pretty much it. It takes a little bit of adjustments to line the horns up right. Mine are still a little crooked but all you need to do is adjust the brackets supplied. Now your all done. They add a nice look to your car. Have fun blowing peoples ear out!

Here is a picture of how they sit now.
Hellas_zps0f2aa0f4.jpg

#2 zenny

zenny

stance freshness

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  • Car:lancer gts 08 cvt , lexus sc400 93 , 2013 subaru brz

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:28 PM

Nice write up man I'm gonna be buying these soon

project ZENNY 

form=function... get it? 

#3 Iceman

Iceman

• Members
  • 666 posts
  • Car:2007 Ford Mustang "GT"

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

Yah same here! I ve been waiting for someone to post this !

"Real cars don't power the front wheels, they lift them."
"keeping your foot off the pedal of a muscle car is like taking a hooker to dinner...thats not what youre spending the money for."
"if everything seems under control youre not going fast enough"-Mario Andretti.

#4 mcarter14777

mcarter14777

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Car:2009 Lancer ES

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:03 AM

Those look sick! im thinking of getting red for my WW but im thinking it will be too Subaru-ish 

#5 henryDgreat

henryDgreat

Lurker

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:53 AM

does the horn sound not change when you press the horn button for too long? like it's running out of juice or soemthing?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users