X-Factor Engineering

Welcome to Project Lancer

Welcome to Project Lancer, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Project Lancer by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Join Now

Forgot your password? Not to worry just click on the link below.

Lost Password

Having Technical issues? Please contact the staff here at Project Lancer and let us know whats wrong.

admin@projectlancer.net

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HOW TO: Remove Shift Knob CVT

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Ektor

Ektor

Elite

• Supporting Member
  • 7,314 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 05:15 PM

Only for 2008-2010 models. 2011 models are now equipped with a screw-on shift knob.

FINALLY!!!!

Our friend Phil (KRU) figured out how to remove our shift knobs... its a really easy process, and i am going to try whenever i am done posting this :D

here it goes...

I dont know for the manual trans.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The silver collar on the bottom of the shift knob is just clipped on, but very well. You pull straight dwn using a lil elbow grease

Posted Image

Once removed, there is a metal retainer sleeve that the Knob slide over and locks into place.
There will b 2 tabs that you will need to depress in order to slide knob up.

Posted Image

once you have the knob off, you will c how the metal sleeve locks into place. you can use pliers to turn the sleeve 90 degrees and pull up.

Final Results

Posted Image

Posted Image

the momo knob you can get them in ebay...

here you go guys... enjoy! :rolleyes:[/b]

Edited by jRox, 18 January 2012 - 01:52 PM.

#2 rallyredgts

rallyredgts

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 09:42 PM

nice how to, people have been wanted to know about this

#3 BigLu

BigLu

• Members
  • 529 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 08:05 AM

sweet!!! Thanks KRU!!!

#4 {SNT::LANCER}

{SNT::LANCER}

Lurker

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 07:56 PM

yesss thanx bro....got my self a blk/crm shift knob matches perfect with the interior

#5 chetman7

chetman7

Elite

• Supporting Member
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 04:45 PM

nice write up...took me really long to get that initial bottom piece off...I ended up grabbing it really tight with one hang..and with my other hand , hit my other hand really hard like a hammer...came off in one shot....after that it was cake

#6 Primetime

Primetime

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 09:36 AM

thanks guys

#7 EVOLUTION X MR

EVOLUTION X MR

Elite

• Retired Admin
  • 9,891 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 11:24 AM

I might go ahead and try this, is it hard to pull the silverthing down?
2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X MR---Interior Sports Package, Aero Package, Navigation Package
Stage 2 AMS Cobb Access Port Tuned at 25lbs of Boost.
[x]Cobb Access Port[x]AMS FMIC[x]AMS UICP[x]AMS Short Ram Intake[x]AMS Boost Pill[x]AMS Down Pipe[x]AMS Hi Flow Cat [x]GReddy Turbo Back Ti-C Exhaust System[x]Mishimoto Performance Radiator[x]Mishimoto Performance Fans[x]Mishimoto Performance Hose Kit[x]Blitz Throttle Controller[x]AEM True Boost Gauge[x]AEM Wideband A/F Ratio Gauge[x]Rexpeed A-Pillar Gauge Pod[x]Seibon carbon Fiber Front Lip[x]Seibon Carbon Fiber Hood[x]Rexpeed Carbon Fiber Side Splats[x]Rexpeed Carbon Fiber Gas Cover[x]Rexpeed Carbon Fiber Rear Lip Spoiler[x]Rexpeed Carbon Fiber Gurney Flap[x]Rexpeed Carbon Fiber Fender Vents[x]Rexpeed Carbon Fiber Canards[x]Rally Armor Mud Flaps[x]OEM Ralliart Tail lights[x]Seibon Carbon Fiber OEM Front Lip[x]JDM Cup Holder[x] JDM Fog Light Delete Kit[x]Custom Headlights Painted Black with Red Demon Eyes and Red Projectors[x]35% Window Tint[x]Black Out Front
[x]HAWK High Performance Brakes

#8 Khoranic

Khoranic

Lurker

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 11:58 AM

I got the Silver Sleeve off.... but... im having trouble romoving the knob itself... are the tabs the little metal things in the plastic squares on the shifter? Please Help!

#9 Ektor

Ektor

Elite

• Supporting Member
  • 7,314 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 12:41 PM

It is a pain in the neck... i needed an extra person to do it... you need 2 sharp things to insert in the lil squares... while you are pressing hard those 2 tabs, someone else has to pull really hard up.... took a lil bit, but i got it out... keep us posted!

#10 Khoranic

Khoranic

Lurker

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 12:45 PM

I just got back in, thanks for the support on this... I got it off along with the metal sleeving. Thanks Alot! Next step is to install a shift boot..... Would you know howto get the console apart so that i can remove the shift patern Panel?

#11 chetman7

chetman7

Elite

• Supporting Member
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 12:53 PM

the 2 tabs are all the way on the bottom....it looks like there are 2 tabs on top...but those are not tabs....got 2 small thin screw drivers and ur set...one person needed

#12 lostkidd2

lostkidd2

Lurker

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 12:48 AM

sry i jsut have a question. im new to these mods. i have a cvt um is there special shift knobs u have to buy or any will work liek even manual shifts knobs

#13 Khoranic

Khoranic

Lurker

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 11:27 AM

um pretty much any knob should work. Any with Allen Screws to hold it on will work with the CVT Shifter.

#14 bfresh

bfresh

Elite

• Supporting Member
  • 5,445 posts
  • Car:2014 Subaru WRX
  • ROTM :February 2011

Posted 01 February 2008 - 12:24 AM

It is a pain in the neck... i needed an extra person to do it... you need 2 sharp things to insert in the lil squares... while you are pressing hard those 2 tabs, someone else has to pull really hard up.... took a lil bit, but i got it out... keep us posted!

So you'll keep yourself posted since you posted this. (l) (l)
Posted Image

| Tein S-Techs Springs | Injen Exhaust | 6k HIDs | ARC Knob | JDM Antenna | Flat Black Volk CE28N's 18x8.5 +30 | Injen CAI | RalliArt Taillights | Vinyled Matte black roof | 3k HID Fogs | Rexpeed Trunk Lip Spoiler | ARS HL2 Front Lip | Red Muteki Extended Lug Nuts | HKS Oil Cap/Radiator Cap | Vanity Plate JDM FLOW

iLLest

#15 EVOLUTION X MR

EVOLUTION X MR

Elite

• Retired Admin
  • 9,891 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 08:15 AM

So you'll keep yourself posted since you posted this. (l) (l)

(l) (l) (l) (l) (l) (l) (l)
2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X MR---Interior Sports Package, Aero Package, Navigation Package
Stage 2 AMS Cobb Access Port Tuned at 25lbs of Boost.
[x]Cobb Access Port[x]AMS FMIC[x]AMS UICP[x]AMS Short Ram Intake[x]AMS Boost Pill[x]AMS Down Pipe[x]AMS Hi Flow Cat [x]GReddy Turbo Back Ti-C Exhaust System[x]Mishimoto Performance Radiator[x]Mishimoto Performance Fans[x]Mishimoto Performance Hose Kit[x]Blitz Throttle Controller[x]AEM True Boost Gauge[x]AEM Wideband A/F Ratio Gauge[x]Rexpeed A-Pillar Gauge Pod[x]Seibon carbon Fiber Front Lip[x]Seibon Carbon Fiber Hood[x]Rexpeed Carbon Fiber Side Splats[x]Rexpeed Carbon Fiber Gas Cover[x]Rexpeed Carbon Fiber Rear Lip Spoiler[x]Rexpeed Carbon Fiber Gurney Flap[x]Rexpeed Carbon Fiber Fender Vents[x]Rexpeed Carbon Fiber Canards[x]Rally Armor Mud Flaps[x]OEM Ralliart Tail lights[x]Seibon Carbon Fiber OEM Front Lip[x]JDM Cup Holder[x] JDM Fog Light Delete Kit[x]Custom Headlights Painted Black with Red Demon Eyes and Red Projectors[x]35% Window Tint[x]Black Out Front
[x]HAWK High Performance Brakes

#16 oldskuboi

oldskuboi

Lurker

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 10:13 PM

nm...

#17 tgobr2005

tgobr2005

Lurker

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 08:09 AM

hey..everytime i go to install my new shifter(momo combat evo) i cant seem to get it right it keeps spinning around..anyone got any advice

#18 KDMShark

KDMShark

I Run This Place

• Owner
  • 8,437 posts
  • Car:2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec

Posted 19 April 2008 - 09:45 AM

did you tighten the set screws and did you use the spacers to make it fit snug

Boost Addict

#19 tgobr2005

tgobr2005

Lurker

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 02:44 PM

ya but how do the screws tighten if its metal to metal?

#20 KDMShark

KDMShark

I Run This Place

• Owner
  • 8,437 posts
  • Car:2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec

Posted 19 April 2008 - 07:15 PM

its just so it doesn't wiggle

Boost Addict

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users